Sponsored by:

Cayenne Built in Phone

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 04:00 PM
paul owens
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne Built in Phone

When will porsche have a bluetooth phone for an '05 cayenne (with phone prep option)? Can you order a built in phone on the "06 models?
Old 08-07-2005, 04:18 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I got the phone prep in mine and have done nothing. Would hope that they will have a bluetooth system that will work with their factory prep version. I bought a new phone in the last year so am happy I did not go ahead and have the Siemens installed (old phone). Like my Nokia 6230. When will Porsche get its act together in this area??
Old 08-07-2005, 08:41 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Not scheduled for US market until 2008-2009, based on latest infotainment/telematics roadmap.....
Old 08-07-2005, 08:54 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
Not scheduled for US market until 2008-2009, based on latest infotainment/telematics roadmap.....
What is the point of the phone prep then.. simply to have power and a holder? Cannot believe it will be 3 years before bluetooth through the sound system? Why if available in Europe? Is this true on 911's as well?
Old 08-07-2005, 09:35 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Disclaimer: I'm not being sarcastic or trying to stir up a hornet's nest.....

Just not a well thought out strategy, at least not from the engineering side, just the marketing side.

PAG does NOT have a lot of priority/pull with Europe's largest telematics/infotainment suppliers....that is reserved for DC and VAG.

IIRC, you can get GSM phone with SIM card working with PCM2 (actually PCM2.5) in Europe, but not in US. Same for being able to play a DVD on the PCM scree (as delivered, not using an aftermarket modification)

PAG has since decoupled the introduction of new telematics/infotainment devices with new model launches....such was not always the case.....the new car is ready....just throw in whatever electronics are ready NOW.
New models will be introduced and if new telematics/infotainment devices are ready earlier, then great they go out in current models...if not, when they're ready, they go out.

As an aside, infotainment/telematics....yup, based on MOST, the bus you've come to know and love.....hmmn, anyone heard from Dension regarding their MOSTLink for iPod lately....never mind........is standardized between 987, 997, E1, G2 product lines; i.e, PCM, audio amplifier, CDChanger, etc. This has pretty much been the standard since MY03+

Not a great marketing/customer satisfaction plan (customers LOVE more electronics in Porsches....this is a new thing for PAG), but it will stabilize the engineering development and validation.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:18 AM
schvetkaaks
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't you just get an aftermarket Bluetooth kit?

Quick Reply: Cayenne Built in Phone