Rear end love tap --- Towing Package results in No Damage

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 10:14 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thecleaner
I hvae used my hitch to ****** vehicles out of ditches and vehicles with boats attached up ramps where they could not get traction and the paint has not even chipped off the saftey chain hooks! IT IS A BEAST!
"Das iz zee best desription of das Cayenne. Das Beast!" Dr. Porsche from the grave!

I, too, can't believe how powerful this "beast" is with a hitch when I pulled a stranded buddy in an Explorer out of the ditch with a chain and PSM! Should have gotten a picture but it was pouring and neither of us thought about it.. Goes back to my commercial idea! Ford wouldn't have like it!
Old 08-02-2005, 08:29 AM
thecleaner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We could do a commercial where we pull the Lincoln that is pulling the Caddy out of the boat ramp!
Old 08-02-2005, 11:40 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

We could do a commercial where we pull the Lincoln that is pulling the Caddy out of the boat ramp!
Now that would be "Classic"!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 01:26 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
We interupt this thread to bring you back to reality.....

Cayenne towing capacity: 7716lbs (Cayenne owner's manual, pg 337)

Ford HD F series towing capacity: 12500-15000lbs http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/s...res/specs/#tow

So, it would appear as though my bride's Excursion could pull the Cayenne, pulling the Lincoln pulling the Caddy out of the boat ramp. Huh.

We now return you to your normally scheduled discussion.....
Old 08-02-2005, 03:02 PM
thecleaner
Instructor

OK Lewis but when you do that I am going to sit on the dock with a beer and watch.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:36 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 581 Posts

Lewis, Lewis, Lewis...
Old 08-02-2005, 11:09 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by skl
Lewis, Lewis, Lewis...
Why do I get the mental image of you sitting there with a rolled up newspaper in your hands while you say that? Did I have an accident?

Just trying to have a little fun and keep the kids from getting a little too over excited about the abilities of a Cayenne.

If not, the next thing you will see are posts like:
"Man, my Cayenne is so fast that I'll bet that if I turned my roof racks backwards, I'd create and airfoil and the Cayenne would fly......wouldn't that make a great commercial to make fun of Cessna............."

On a more serious note, if you do use a tow hitch for not towing and use it for rear impact protection, does the "!" go off after the impact?
Old 08-02-2005, 11:15 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That really gets a rise out of you grasshopper

:-)
Old 08-02-2005, 11:39 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 581 Posts

If you have a rear ender, it probably goes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you can't turn it off, or the rear hatch opens by itself and will not close, and then the airbag light goes on, the air suspension warning light blinks, ... do I need to go on?
Old 08-02-2005, 11:46 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by skl
If you have a rear ender, it probably goes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you can't turn it off, or the rear hatch opens by itself and will not close, and then the airbag light goes on, the air suspension warning light blinks, ... do I need to go on?
Bravo! I like that.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:47 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mudman2
That really gets a rise out of you grasshopper

:-)
What, the "!"?
Yes, more than you know.

On the other hand, perhaps it is Porsche's attempt at an emoticon...an automotive first?!
Old 08-03-2005, 07:40 AM
thecleaner
Instructor

At least you are still able to smile Lewis!

Quote:
"If not, the next thing you will see are posts like:
"Man, my Cayenne is so fast that I'll bet that if I turned my roof racks backwards, I'd create and airfoil and the Cayenne would fly......wouldn't that make a great commercial to make fun of Cessna............."

Hey thats an idea! Thanks Lewis
Old 08-03-2005, 11:42 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
Ford HD F series towing capacity: 12500-15000lbs...So, it would appear as though my bride's Excursion could pull the Cayenne, pulling the Lincoln pulling the Caddy out of the boat ramp. Huh. We now return you to your normally scheduled discussion.....
Okay, Lewis.... using this logic.. since I'm in the south.. I'm gonna one up you!! Ha! My Uncle Bubba be driving a big tractor trailer! (sorry don't mean to use too many !!!!).... think it's a big ole' Volvo Truck. So.... it would appear that Uncle Bubba's Volvo Truck could pull the Excursion pulling the Cayenne, pulling the Lincoln pulling the Caddy out of the boat ramp..

Now, about my Grandpappy, Billy Bob (not Thornton), he worked at NASA... on the space shuttle... uh-hum.. so could go bit "furtha" by a kick off of those rockets and then we could have the space shuttle pulling the Volvo truck pulling the Excursion pulling the Cayenne pulling the Lincoln pulling the Caddy out of the boat ramp... but we'd have to take a pretty fast picture of it as the incineration rate might be rather quick!

Now, about the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my Aunt Betty Sue says, !!!!!!!!!!!! this! MadFox

p.s. All in Fun
Old 08-03-2005, 02:25 PM
thecleaner
Instructor

Originally Posted by madfoxcays
Okay, Lewis.... using this logic.. since I'm in the south.. I'm gonna one up you!! Ha! My Uncle Bubba be driving a big tractor trailer! (sorry don't mean to use too many !!!!).... think it's a big ole' Volvo Truck. So.... it would appear that Uncle Bubba's Volvo Truck could pull the Excursion pulling the Cayenne, pulling the Lincoln pulling the Caddy out of the boat ramp..

Now, about my Grandpappy, Billy Bob (not Thornton), he worked at NASA... on the space shuttle... uh-hum.. so could go bit "furtha" by a kick off of those rockets and then we could have the space shuttle pulling the Volvo truck pulling the Excursion pulling the Cayenne pulling the Lincoln pulling the Caddy out of the boat ramp... but we'd have to take a pretty fast picture of it as the incineration rate might be rather quick!

Now, about the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my Aunt Betty Sue says, !!!!!!!!!!!! this! MadFo

p.s. All in Fun

Sounds Good MadFox!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 03:25 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc

Cayenne towing capacity: 7716lbs (Cayenne owner's manual, pg 337)

Ford HD F series towing capacity: 12500-15000lbs http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/s...res/specs/#tow

So, it would appear as though my bride's Excursion could pull the Cayenne, pulling the Lincoln pulling the Caddy out of the boat ramp. Huh.

We now return you to your normally scheduled discussion.....

Ouch, that hurt! HEY, QUICK, SOMEONE GET ME SOME MORE KOOLAID!!!!

Quick Reply: Rear end love tap --- Towing Package results in No Damage