Sponsored by:

Rennline foot rest install question

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 07:21 AM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rennline foot rest install question

I tried to install my Rennline foot rest over the weekend and I had to bail out early on because I couldn’t get the hood release lever off. Can anyone describe how it’s done?

Thanks
Old 07-26-2005, 01:58 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

It's been some time since I did mine, but as I recall there is a locking clip that I think slides out on the handle. Get a good light, so you can see everything clearly. Then you probably can figure it out. I remember it wasn't obvious, and the instructions weren't too clear. When you get it done, you will feel a real sense of accomplishment.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:35 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

funny... that was easier than the stainless floor sill for me. ( i kinda' freaked when i pulled the sill up un-SNAPPING the tabs & all ) the hood latch is simple, the clip needs to be slid open... just stick your finger around where it attaches & you'll find it... even when it's half way slid open the latch will pull off. just slide the latch away from the plastic panel straight toward the passenger side. next is removal of the infamous plastic panel..................tpita!!!!............. that's where i left off. ~ this weekend i'll finish my install if i'm in town.

bol w/ yours.

Quick Reply: Rennline foot rest install question