Sponsored by:

New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 06:15 PM
set4lfe
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner

I recently got a 2004 Cayenne Turbo. I'm from Phoenix but found 3 I was interested in Chicago. I ended up with

from The Porsche Exchange.

Overall I was pretty happy with the way they treated me. I made the mistake of putting some money down to hold a Cayenne Turbo at LUXURY MOTORS in IL. After I test drove it, I decided I didnt want to buy it. The dealer told me his price was firm. He called me later in the day and and when I told him I had chosen the other Cayenne he lowered the price $7000 while The Porsche Exchange told me upfront to make them my best offer and we would negotiate and we both found a price we were happy with. The guy from Luxury Motors wouldnt give me my money back!!! He kept saying its coming but it took 1 1/2 months. My bank refused to help because I had no receipt.

Overall I am pretty happy with the Cayenne. It tows my wakeboarding boat (4500 lbs w trailer) really well. One thing I noticed is that the engine temp is always pretty hot 180-220f but it doesnt seem to be a problem. Its hot here in Phoenix. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have a question about brake boosting. For best acceleration you put your foot on the brake and build up turbo boost and launch at the light. I know its not good for the transmission but I dont know why the cayenne cant do it. When I try it seems like it goes into some safe mode and it goes super slow. When I just stomp on the gas at a light, it takes a few seconds before it takes off. I have heard that a chip allows you too do this. Does anyone know?
Old 07-24-2005, 09:23 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Congratulations on your new "truck". I am assuming the temp is normal, though you are getting quite the oven blast now. I have 05 T and it does a great job pulling boats. My truck has the throttle lag that you are talking about too. You can speed up the take off by turning off the PSM. This way it will take off in 1st gear all the time, rather than down shifting to 1st from second gear with the PSM in the on positon. I think if you are trying to brake with the throttle floored, the "fly" oops, "drive by wire" will shut things down. I just got an 05 Boxster S and was trying some left foot braking just out of curiosity and it would shut the engine down momentariy when the brake was applied with throttle on. The brain must get confused with these conflicting signals.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:33 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Congratz!!Very nice
Old 08-08-2005, 03:24 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pdxjim
I just got an 05 Boxster S and was trying some left foot braking just out of curiosity and it would shut the engine down momentariy when the brake was applied with throttle on. The brain must get confused with these conflicting signals.
I'm not sure of the situation, but I suggest you try applying the brake very gently at first -- easing in pressure until the interlock cuts the throttle. Also, the interlock is not instanteous, so if you apply the brake to rotate the car and release it promptly, the interlock will not kick in. In short, experiment.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:21 AM
schvetkaaks
Pro

Great looking CT - I love the look of the full-size spare holder, but worry about losing visibility and adding weight, myself.

What price did you get and how many miles? I'll be shopping for pre-owned soon as well.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:07 AM
ajauch
Instructor

Originally Posted by set4lfe
I have a question about brake boosting. For best acceleration you put your foot on the brake and build up turbo boost and launch at the light. I know its not good for the transmission but I dont know why the cayenne cant do it. When I try it seems like it goes into some safe mode and it goes super slow. When I just stomp on the gas at a light, it takes a few seconds before it takes off. I have heard that a chip allows you too do this. Does anyone know?
Yes, this is very bad for the tranny. But what the hell. There's no "reasonable" way to drive a CT anyway. You want safe, drive a Volvo. The problem is that the PSM nanny is preventing you from doing a burnout launch. Just turn the PSM off (there's a button on the dash). This will also drop the CT down into 1st instead of 2nd to start. Just stomp on the gas and hang on.

Alex

Quick Reply: New Owner