Sponsored by:

looking at another Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005 | 12:31 AM
KY_soldier
Racer

Default looking at another Cayenne

Well, here is my story -

It looks like I am going to get some assistance on the Boxster from my NEW local dealer in KY, so it won't quite be as much as the offer I got in FL, but given all that is going on (baby on the way), I think I am going to trade or sell the Boxster in favor of Cayenne for FL.

So here is my situation, I am in pretty deep into the place in FL, so we are not looking at another TT here. I was thinking of a base *SIGH* Cayenne, or hopefully an S.

I don't really need a new one, so a used S would be OK, but I really am a firm believer in PASM, and probably want to get it with the right options for FL (thermal glass, light color int/ext, few other niceties).

I really want to help my new dealer get going in Lexington, because they have treated my FANTASTIC so far, and it would be great to have a solid local dealer. The down part, they have a limited new inventory, and even less CPOs.

My ideal would be a nicely loaded CPO S with FL/CA type options, and relatively low miles for a substantial savings over new. Odds are, my dealer might not have enough incentive to make it happen.

SO....what are dealers around the country discounting new base and S models? What about left over 05s in a few months? How about the CPO market for S'? I remember when I bought my TT, some S were going way low when there was a lot of inventory.

THOUGHTS?
Old 07-17-2005 | 10:09 PM
KY_soldier
Racer

Mike.....anyone????
Old 07-17-2005 | 10:27 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

I did see your post Eric but I am not up to speed on used pricing apart from what I see on E-Bay. In my opinion you should be able to get something decent in the high 40's but maybe not with air tho..
Old 07-17-2005 | 11:08 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Air is an option?

I refer everyone here to Michael Porche in Fresno, CA (re Brian Freer if he's still there). I liked dealing with them because we started out over invoice (not a discount from MSRP +++). Last I heard was 1K over...
Old 07-18-2005 | 01:44 AM
24FPS
Drifting

fwiw:
there were some discounts of $5k-$6k off sticker on c-s' ----> low 60's for a pretty loaded 's'. that's here in l.a. (downtown motors). know there were more non-s base cars in the 40's on the lot than any others.
bol in your search & congrats on the one on the way.

think i'd check around for a certified (used) one w/ the 100k mi. warranty... my $00.02
Old 07-18-2005 | 11:18 AM
Cayenne Austin
Instructor

Eric- you can go to the porsche.com website and do a search for a used Pepper with the options you want. I have had a great experience with Marty over at Beasley here is Austin; has gone out of her way to make our ownership experience has been great. PM me if you want more details.
Old 07-18-2005 | 02:48 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

You should get at least 10K for a Loaded S, I got 6K off the beginning of the year, should be cheaper now. good luck, dont forget the air suspension, I regret not getting that...IMHO

Quick Reply: looking at another Cayenne