Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

have any of you experienced cold starting issues?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 10:27 AM
newyorkjs3
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have any of you experienced cold starting issues?

Hey, I am switching from owning a bmw m3 (e46) to a cayenne. Besides the fact that i am very excited for the switch, i have had numerous problemss with the M and i just wanted to make sure that none of you have experience the one problem that i feel not only devalues the car so much in my own eyes, but makes others think it is a huge piece of crappp!

In the mornings, the M would have some cold start up issues (aka wouldnt start on first try, would crank). I know that porsche has engineering that is not equalled so i just wanted to get some feedback on how smoothly the cayenne starts up and if any of you have experience any problems starting this baby up!

thanks and i hope my M3 headaches end in a few weeks!
Old 06-30-2005, 11:29 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

never happens unless your batteries flat.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:57 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by newyorkjs3
just wanted to get some feedback on how smoothly the cayenne starts up and if any of you have experience any problems starting this baby up!
Huh, surprisngly, the Cayenne actually does start when you turn the key.
Perhaps that is because the engine is about the only part of the vehicle that actually is a Porsche part?
Old 06-30-2005, 12:03 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 06-30-2005, 01:35 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by newyorkjs3
In the mornings, the M would have some cold start up issues (aka wouldnt start on first try, would crank). I know that porsche has engineering that is not equalled so i just wanted to get some feedback on how smoothly the cayenne starts up and if any of you have experience any problems starting this baby up!
Not a problem with the Cayenne, but I couldn't resist mentioning that my 2000 X5 had the same starting or non-starting issue, and despite repeated visits to my dealer, it could not be fixed. In fact, I was back there so many times that I gained 5 pounds from the excellent donuts. Sometimes, it would crank, but no start, other times, no crank and no start. BMW bought the car back, but swore it was not a lemon, so that they could resell the car to an unsuspecting victim.

While my Cayenne has had its share of problems / personality, all were fixed on the initial visit. Mine is an early build (03/03) 2004 CT. Nothing is ever perfect, but my experience with the vehicle is very good; glad I bought it.

Quick Reply: have any of you experienced cold starting issues?