Sponsored by:

Both Porsches stolen this morning from home

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 08:42 PM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Both Porsches stolen this morning from home

Wow..what a way to start the day, get a phone call at 6.30 am by police asking if I drove a grey porsche.."Yes, I do, why?" Officer asks where I parked it last night..."In my garage"..as my stomach sinks...officer asks if I'm sure..."sure, its right there in the .........holy ****....its gone". A I am realizing that my car is gone my wife notices her Cayenne S is missing from the street...

Haha...make a long sad story short...they came through the basement window thru laundry room..bypassed the CHUBB security system ( not pleased at that, at all) and made their way to main floor, helped themselves to both sets of keys, wallets, Motorola Razr, Blackeberry RIM, $9k Panerai watch, sunglasses etc...

Turns out these "pros" didn't realize my key chain had a BOOMERANG fob on it untill they got a few blocks from my house..so they decide to pull into a parking lot rip out the Pioneer AVIC-N1 system, empty anything of value from car, they ripped the BOOMERANG fob from key chain leaving it balanced on the instrument pod and lock car...then for fun they take a screwdriver and proceed to gouge almost every f&*king square inch of the car...and leave in the Cayenne S for parts unknown...

Parking attendent shows up at 6am sees car , calls cops, cops call me, day begins...

Sooooo...we have a POS Ford Explorer as a loaner...my car is looking at a total repaint, I don't want it back so I am in the market for 2 new Porsches...I think I'll get a 997 variant and the wife and kids another Cayenne S...

Anyway...good news is its only material items, none of my family got hurt and I didn't have to invoke my right to defending my home with force...lucky them.

Still, I am pissed ..... I live in a very good neighbourhood, took all the precautions down to security lights, CHUBB etc...moral is..if they want your car, its gone..period...

Cayenne S RIP...you'll be missed, enjoy Eastern Europe...
Old 06-28-2005, 08:47 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is really something else! It's bad enough they stole over $10K worth of goods, they just had to f%#k up the C4S. I hope they get caught and get raped in prison!
Old 06-28-2005, 09:02 PM
JARO
Pro

wow...so wait...did you have the easy entry feature? so they did get the FOB and that's why they drove off? or not?
Sorry dude...why are you saying that now the car will to to EE?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:02 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

The down side to Porsche brands is that "bad people" like them too. But, I agree.. the situation could have been much worse (that's the half full take on your loss!) with them in your house and your family at home. I'm ex-military and don't have a gun at home because the kids were young. Now, that they are about to be gone, I've thought seriously about getting "armed".

Boomerang, explain to us who don't know what that is.
No security cameras at the parking lot?
No security cameras or highway cameras in/out of Toronto?
Wouldn't be hard to spot a lone Cayenne in the middle of the night on these things.
I hope they fry if they get caught.. I don't get it .. but then we all know probably money for drugs.

Best of Luck.. Hope it all works out.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:04 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think I'd be more worried about changing neighborhoods than cars. What area in Toronto..Forest Hill, Oakdale?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:08 PM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Lawrence Park....as nice as Forest Hill....So a great neighbourhood for car theives to go shopping...

Originally Posted by Colm
I think I'd be more worried about changing neighborhoods than cars. What area in Toronto..Forest Hill, Oakdale?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:10 PM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Guy deidn't realize it was a Boomerang fob untill to late...haha ( sucks for me )

No cameras at home and he dropped it in a non camera lot...lucky or smart for him..

We dont have cameras everywhere in Toronto....c'est la vie ....

Originally Posted by madfoxcays
The down side to Porsche brands is that "bad people" like them too. But, I agree.. the situation could have been much worse (that's the half full take on your loss!) with them in your house and your family at home. I'm ex-military and don't have a gun at home because the kids were young. Now, that they are about to be gone, I've thought seriously about getting "armed".

Boomerang, explain to us who don't know what that is.
No security cameras at the parking lot?
No security cameras or highway cameras in/out of Toronto?
Wouldn't be hard to spot a lone Cayenne in the middle of the night on these things.
I hope they fry if they get caught.. I don't get it .. but then we all know probably money for drugs.

Best of Luck.. Hope it all works out.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:11 PM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Apparently they are very popular in Eastern Europe for some reason

Originally Posted by JARO
wow...so wait...did you have the easy entry feature? so they did get the FOB and that's why they drove off? or not?
Sorry dude...why are you saying that now the car will to to EE?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:25 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man... really a shame.

like you, i would not want any of the cars back. also... think i'd beef up on security & get a couple badass dogs. really scary they went through your house & helped themselves. must have been casing you for a while................................ very fortunate you & yours were unharmed.

best to you asap.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:53 PM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Thanks..talking to my bud that is a K9 cop tommorrow about a dog..I love dogs that hate car theives
Old 06-29-2005, 12:54 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Most important is you guys are ok. You can always get 2 new porsche's those bastards!!
Old 06-29-2005, 02:51 AM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Terrible news. Im pretty sure these theifs have been lurking around your house for a while since they knew exactly what to do. If I were you I would make a list of every strangers, contracters, maids etc that set a foot inside your house and from there narrow your list down. Best of luck.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:32 AM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

The whole neighbourhood has contractors running around doing renos and building anew...no coincidence that there have been a rash of break-ins of late...they watch all day under the guise of working and now how to gain entry to a house etc..dogs sound like a great idea
Old 06-29-2005, 09:36 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

sorry to hear about this lousy turn of events man, i cannot tolerate theivery at all, especially not when an honest joe like urself has worked hard in life to earn something as awsome as a p-car. i hope that they slip, trip and fall into a woodchipper.

if i may make a suggestion, we just switched alarms to ADT and every night we leave it on the special night mode which activates all the entry/exit detectors on the windows and doors, but also the basement motion sensor but not the ones for the main floor incase someone gets up 2 take a **** or whatnot.
i was thinking of throwing an extra motion sensor in the garage as well.

once again, sorry to hear about this man, glad they didn't harm u or ur family tho.
i miss the days when i could at least say my city was safer than wherever all my yankee relatives live...now we have club shootings, break ins, ppl gettin shot in homes...terrible. i wish the new police cheif would crack down on this stuff.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:18 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just updated my ADT system, and added a wireless motion sensor to the garage just for this reason! cut into my garage via the siding or bust the garage door, my sensor will get ya!!!!

Quick Reply: Both Porsches stolen this morning from home