Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Both Porsches stolen this morning from home

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 05:12 PM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

How do they steal them so easily? Do they have a "master key" for them or something? I can see that if you left your keyts in the car, ok...but for them not to have a key and be able to drive it away??? I thought the special key, etc made it nearly impossible to drive it away....
Old 07-05-2005, 07:05 PM
LegoDoom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcticFox
How do they steal them so easily? Do they have a "master key" for them or something? I can see that if you left your keyts in the car, ok...but for them not to have a key and be able to drive it away??? I thought the special key, etc made it nearly impossible to drive it away....
Original Post:
Originally Posted by carbon_00
Haha...make a long sad story short...they came through the basement window thru laundry room..bypassed the CHUBB security system ( not pleased at that, at all) and made their way to main floor, helped themselves to both sets of keys, wallets, Motorola Razr, Blackeberry RIM, $9k Panerai watch, sunglasses etc...
Old 07-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Schlegel
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so sorry to hear that! That is one of my biggest fears, having a stranger in my house whilst I am sleeping. I'm an ultra-sensitive sleeper, but if someone were to come through the basement I wouldn't know....scares me just thinking about it.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:42 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 221 Likes on 110 Posts

My garage is armed with contacts but your story had me thinking of putting a motion in my basement and the garage.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Enjoy picking out the new rides.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:09 PM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by LegoDoom
Original Post:
Yeah yeah, I saw the "they took the keys" part. My question was moreso directed at the poster who said he came out of the store and there were guys eyeing his car, and then took off. ie: they were going to steal it. The question was intended to pharse the question "Can our cars (with the "special key") be stolen WITHOUT the key?". ie: Do they use a master key or some other goodie. How can they override the "special key" so easily? I know stealing a new Porsche is much more diffuicult that stealing my 87 Toyota truck, which literally take 5 seconds and a screw driver....but I know it happens. I am just curious how. I am thinking about how to "fortify" my car as I leave itparked outside at work all day. TIA, Tim

Quick Reply: Both Porsches stolen this morning from home