Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unacceptable!!!!! (sorry for the bad pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 09:52 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by schvetkaaks
This is ridiculous! How can they just roll up the belt with a clip and call that a fix? .
What, you mean putting a large piece of steel firmly against your pelvic bones ISN'T a good idea in a crash?!
Damn, there goes my backup plan to put them into my Cup car.

There's no way that would pass NHTSA standards. .
Are you implying that Porsche fielded a piece of hardware as part of a SAFETY RECALL that was NOT submitted to the NHTSA for testing/approval?

I'd be sure if you write that you copy the NHTSA visibly on the letter.
I'll add it to my legal 'things to do' list for PCNA.....it might be a while though, I'm sort of busy at the moment.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:18 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
a DIFFERENT SUV??!!........... Five, Four, Three, Two, One...wait for it........OK, Cue the Cayenne Faithful: Let the Stoning Begin. Welcome to the Porsche Inquisition.....Repent, Repent or Die. (damn, I miss Monty Python and the Spanish Inquisition skit) Hmmn, sounds like you've been sipping the Purplesaurus Rex Kool Aid lately too Different SUV.....you're funny
Different SUV? Tis a violation of the quest!!! King Lewis of the Round Table! All these glitches !!! and chimes... - 'tis only flesh wounds --- anyone who changes from the Cayenne quest must answer these questions three?
1. What was the final glitch?
2. What was the name thou sworest when the glitch happened?
3. What color is the saurus Rex Kool Aid thous drinkest not?

Right, off you go... but remember --- what do we do with the Cayenne
(s)witches?? We burn themmmm!! (in flames on forums!!!)
Old 08-07-2005, 12:15 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 944 Likes on 575 Posts

Lewis, I don't plan on keeping CS past warranty- we do love it most of the time. When it's time for replacement, possibly another Cayenne (they should have the bugs worked out shouldn't they?) or maybe a Q7 as I've driven Audis almost as long as Porsches and love them too.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:28 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by skl
Lewis, I don't plan on keeping CS past warranty- we do love it most of the time. When it's time for replacement, possibly another Cayenne (they should have the bugs worked out shouldn't they?) or maybe a Q7 as I've driven Audis almost as long as Porsches and love them too.
Ah, yes, the Q7.....of course the name might change based on the legal battle between Nissan/Infinity and Volkswagen Audi Group....apparently Infinity has trademarked the letter "Q". Sort of like Peugot back 40 yrs ago (trademarking any 3 digit car name with '0' in the middle) causing the 901 to be named the 911...personally I like 911 better.

Perhaps in a twist of fate, we are spared the Porsche version of the Q7, as the argument between Porsche and VAG over chassis royalties put an end to the 'stretched Cayenne'. (Yes, that was quite a meeting from hell...and you really didn't have to understand German to get all of it.)
Of course, this was the same disagreement that killed the TDI version of the Cayenne as well. And of course, this spawned the announcement that the 4door sedan will be 100% Porsche, no partnering. See, there are always stories behind the stories.

Originally Posted by skl
(they should have the bugs worked out shouldn't they?) .
This is a trick question, right
Old 08-07-2005, 12:29 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by madfoxcays
Different SUV? Tis a violation of the quest!!! King Lewis of the Round Table! All these glitches !!! and chimes... - 'tis only flesh wounds --- anyone who changes from the Cayenne quest must answer these questions three?
1. What was the final glitch?
2. What was the name thou sworest when the glitch happened?
3. What color is the saurus Rex Kool Aid thous drinkest not?

Right, off you go... but remember --- what do we do with the Cayenne
(s)witches?? We burn themmmm!! (in flames on forums!!!)
Hey, I'm not the one who said it
Old 08-07-2005, 12:50 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Hey, I'm not the one who said it
Thou thinkest the thoughts but sayeth not!? Knights of the Cayenne Table welcome you back! Phew! Guess it's back to drinking the Kool-aid!
Old 08-07-2005, 08:14 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

This is ridiculous! How can they just roll up the belt with a clip and call that a fix? There's no way that would pass NHTSA standards. I'd be sure if you write that you copy the NHTSA visibly on the letter.
Actually I'm pretty sure that the fact that this is a Campaign (A506) means that this was indeed approved by the NHTSA or some other goverment organization.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:05 AM
tclinton
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A506's For Sale

Available to the lowest bidder: 2 perfectly unused A506 belt-ruiners. Can also be used as armored pocket inserts, waffle templates, ash tray grates, or brass kunckles. Will consider trade for clean Kool-Aid cup or a men's large " ! " t-shirt.

Seriously, all... t's simple to remove these and reclaim some semblance of a rear seat aesthetic.

One question, though: does anyone know the proper terminology for the plastic rivets used on the belt to hold the T-clip off the seat? That is, there's a little circle of plastic punched through the seatbelt that keeps the metal insert about half-way up the seat belt. It's probably called something like a "seat belt retaining stay," or some such deal. I now need to find and install two. Would prefer to avoid ordering these through Porsche as I'm not ready to have them sneak in recall A507, Replace Oil Pan Drain Plug with Rear Gate Microswitch.

Thanks much, and shoot me a PM if you want any tips on subtracting your A506 "improvement."

Thomas
Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2006, 03:57 AM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tclinton
...does anyone know the proper terminology for the plastic rivets used on the belt? It's probably called something like a "seat belt retaining stay,"...
They call it a "****"
Part nr is 955.803.056.01 HCP
Old 01-19-2006, 09:33 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Available to the lowest bidder: 2 perfectly unused A506 belt-ruiners. Can also be used as armored pocket inserts, waffle templates, ash tray grates, or brass kunckles. Will consider trade for clean Kool-Aid cup or a men's large " ! " t-shirt.
Sorry, already sent mine to our elustrious PCNA President.

Would prefer to avoid ordering these through Porsche as I'm not ready to have them sneak in recall A507, Replace Oil Pan Drain Plug with Rear Gate Microswitch.

Only TWO posts and already part of the PCNA Cayenne Mooning Team .
Welcome aboard
Old 01-19-2006, 04:18 PM
tclinton
AutoX

Default Thanks for the tip

Looked everwhere for seat belt ***** to replace those stolen by the dealer. Here's a link to a place that carries "seat belt button stops."

http://store.gotbelts.com/buttonstops.html

I suppose I could just call the dealer and ask for some of the stops they've removed from various C's, but, quite frankly, I'm scared. They tell me I'm due for A902: Attach Small Chimpanzee to Operate Rear Window Latch.

Separately, I'm thinking of starting a seat belt button stop factory -- seems like there's a growing market...

Thanks for the welcome to the forum. Fortunately, I've cut my teeth on German cars and Italian motorcycles, so I've been educated ("you vill") in the Ancient Teachings of !.

TC
Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2006, 05:11 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

They tell me I'm due for A902: Attach Small Chimpanzee to Operate Rear Window Latch.
I'm not really sure if he's kidding or not........ .....
He's going to fit in JUST fine.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:48 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
I'm not really sure if he's kidding or not........ .....
He's going to fit in JUST fine.
Oh he's going to be FUN! And if he drinks the adult additive purplesaurus rex who knows what he might come up with!

Tclinton -- maybe your cayenne name should be "CIGAR-man"

But, speaking of chimpanzees, I got to figure out how to put a video clip on the site -- mentioning the chimpanzee option.. reminded me of a hilarious commercial that I got a .mpg. Someone PM me on how to put a video link up.. do I need to use my website or is there a free site that can host? The commercial is from Colorado and entitled "Trunk Monkey". HILARIOUS... laugh out loud funny.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:21 PM
tclinton
AutoX

Originally Posted by MadFox
The commercial is from Colorado and entitled "Trunk Monkey". HILARIOUS... laugh out loud funny.
Here's a link to said trunk monkey: http://www.trunkmonkeyad.com/

It looks like they deleted the one where the trunk monkey jumps out and beats the " ! " senseless. Probably a copyright issue...
Old 01-19-2006, 10:49 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 944 Likes on 575 Posts

Welcome to this crazy group clinton...

We can always use a few more...

Quick Reply: Unacceptable!!!!! (sorry for the bad pics)