Sponsored by:

Just got a 2004 Black/Tan Cayenne Turbo 7600 miles yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 11:52 AM
04BlackTanTurbo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a 2004 Black/Tan Cayenne Turbo 7600 miles yesterday

And it has the Entry and Drive option, which seems to work fine other than the fact I have no dummy key to start the car. This makes the option kind of worthless since I have to take the regular key out of my pocket anyways to start the car. Does anyone know how much it will cost/how long it will take to get this plastic key. I am not even sure what it looks like.

BTW, the car is great as I found out driving it back home from Atlanta to Nashville 200+ miles yesterday. Great power, pulls like a freight train on the freeway, didnt notice any problems with any hesitation from the transmission. Sure it starts off a little slow because it starts in 2nd gear, but turning off the PCM or kicking it down with the triptronic when I do need to start off quick works fine.

It has the 20 inch wheels with 275/40/20 Michelin tires, at speeds around 70-80 I did notice a slight vibration in the steering wheel, nothing earth shattering. Im guessing these are the original tires that came with the car, and have the full 7600 miles on them, tread is looking low. When it comes time to replace these, should I just keep the same brand/size?

Everytime I start up the car on the dash it shows the average mph (which is about the most useless piece of knowledge I could possibly think of), even when I changed it, the display always shows that when I start up the car. Is there a way to make it display(when I start it up) what it was changed to (miles left based on fuel left) prior to the car being turned off? Its annoying to always have to change it back everytime I start the car.

This is a great forum with lots of information, glad to finally be able to be a part of it. Thanks to whoever can help me with the above issues.

Aaron
Old 06-22-2005, 12:32 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 04BlackTanTurbo
Everytime I start up the car on the dash it shows the average mph (which is about the most useless piece of knowledge I could possibly think of), even when I changed it, the display always shows that when I start up the car. Is there a way to make it display(when I start it up) what it was changed to (miles left based on fuel left) prior to the car being turned off? Its annoying to always have to change it back everytime I start the car.
Aaron
My 2004 Cayenne S does the same thing. The Cayenne loaners I've driven (and I've driven a LOT of loaners) leave the display where you left it.
My dealer asked PCNA Tech in Atlanta about it and there is no problem, therefore you won't get it fixed/replaced.
There was a change in the I/P cluster F/W mid production to address this. So in order to 'fix' this 'problem' which isn't really a 'problem', PCNA would have to approve a new I/P cluster, a fairly expensive part. I think Hell freezing over is higher on the probability list.
Like everything else regarding a POS, you learn to live with it.
That having been said, best of luck with your new vehicle.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:34 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
BTW, I would also mention that if you chose to become a paying member of rennlist (to me, one of the few no brainer decisions), you would have access to the 'Search' function, which would allow you to research many issues similar to this one.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:59 PM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

The plastic key isn't necessary. You can use anything to turn the ignition, plastic luggage key, paper clip anything. The point is use something that you already have. One advantage to not having the plastic key is that there is nothing in the ignition that a theif will think he's come upon a turbo with the keys left in it. Good luck.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:33 PM
trozenhorse
Racer

hi there...about the tire vibration...are you running stock wheels..??? i have the same thing...i am sure there is something wrong from porsche as i have read about this vibration many many times now and i have the same thing...but it is only about 70% of the time...the odd time there is absolutely no vibration and solid as a rock....have you had this?

Quick Reply: Just got a 2004 Black/Tan Cayenne Turbo 7600 miles yesterday