Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargo - 12V Power Outlet question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 04:39 PM
pingwrx
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cargo - 12V Power Outlet question.

I broke off one of these spring loaded caps. Does andybody know the part number or where I can purchase one of these? Does anybody know how to replace these? Is it a simple job?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:11 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are pretty easy to replace. You'll have to pull the stainless cover running over the lower latch for the rear lid. Remove the four T30 screws holding in the D hooks on which ever side you're working on. Then pull the plastic trim which runs up and down next to the carpeted panel. Once you have that off you can pull the carpeted panel up enough to get to the back of the 12v socket. There is a plastic nut on the backside that keeps it held in place. Thats pretty much it. Its a bit of a pain for such a trivial thing. I would suggest having it done under warranty.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:19 PM
RealPolItiK
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Below is additional info I just used to complete this job on both sides.

Part number: 955-652-106-01

Tip: Unlikely you own a 30mm open-ended wrench, so an adjustable wrench will do. As PTEC mentioned, unscrew the four T30 screws holding in the D hooks + little fastener with a socket to move this carpeted piece a bit out of the way as you'll need the extra room when pulling back the trim. Both sides require this step. Also, opposite the directions in the screenshots, you'll disconnect the plug connection after you've undone the fastening nut behind the trim and screw the socket out to swap in the new spring loaded cap.

Last edited by RealPolItiK; 09-30-2022 at 01:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Cargo - 12V Power Outlet question.