Cat Bypass pipes installed today

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 10:16 PM
stevertr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat Bypass pipes installed today

Just a heads up...
Today I put on the bypass pipes and installed to new BMC air filter.

Overall the installation was very smooth and simple....barring one nut that's a tad tough to get to...

Results are pretty good. Any difference in sound is barely perceptible. I would guess, but I'm not sure, that if I parked my car next to a stock CTT you would pick up a difference..but not by much.. It may be a tad "deeper" of a sound but not by any means louder.

Throttle response is very nice, but it's hard to say for sure that there's really any difference at all.

I think perhaps there may be a bigger difference for owner of a Cayenne S, as opposed to the Turbo, because the Turbo is so overpowering in stock form that I'm not sure the difference is as noticable. In the 6000lb vehicle, going from 450hp to 465hp just isn't that big of a deal I think...

Of course...my reactions are totally subjective...and yours may vary.

Steve

PS.... This is a total long shot, but anyone in the Boston area want my old cats and air filters? If you have any use for them, they're yours gratis, if not they're going in the trash.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:57 PM
trozenhorse
Racer

hey there...keep the old parts...throw them in a box and put them somewhere out of the way.....I am not sure how long you will keep this car....but you never know what you will have to do when you get rid of it...does not take up that much space....i did....sounds really different on a hard accelaration in tip from second to third...big difference....enjoy!
Old 06-28-2005, 05:14 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I noticed the biggest difference in sound under hard accel and cold startup in the morning. Great sound ! I found that high flow filters/bypass pipes and new (Billet Stratmosphere-Hyperboost) DV's made a significant improvement on the throttle response - tubo/lag on my CT...
Old 06-29-2005, 02:39 AM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by stevertr
Just a heads up...
Today I put on the bypass pipes and installed to new BMC air filter.

Overall the installation was very smooth and simple....barring one nut that's a tad tough to get to...

Results are pretty good. Any difference in sound is barely perceptible. I would guess, but I'm not sure, that if I parked my car next to a stock CTT you would pick up a difference..but not by much.. It may be a tad "deeper" of a sound but not by any means louder.

Throttle response is very nice, but it's hard to say for sure that there's really any difference at all.

I think perhaps there may be a bigger difference for owner of a Cayenne S, as opposed to the Turbo, because the Turbo is so overpowering in stock form that I'm not sure the difference is as noticable. In the 6000lb vehicle, going from 450hp to 465hp just isn't that big of a deal I think...

Of course...my reactions are totally subjective...and yours may vary.

Steve

PS.... This is a total long shot, but anyone in the Boston area want my old cats and air filters? If you have any use for them, they're yours gratis, if not they're going in the trash.
If I were you I would keep them in storage for a little bit longer. You never know what will happen.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:49 PM
NWise
AutoX

I want to change the air filters out on my Cayenne TT--Could you give me some directions? Thank you
Old 06-30-2005, 01:17 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Chris you have the TT instructions dont you ?

Quick Reply: Cat Bypass pipes installed today