Sponsored by:

Access behind Cayenne grill for radar detector

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 08:30 PM
LenO
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Access behind Cayenne grill for radar detector

I'm trying to mount the antenna module for a concealed radar detector behind the front grill of my 04TT. Now I can't figure out how to get in behind the grill. Can the top panel near the hood latch come off? Does anybody know how to get into that area?
Old 05-11-2005, 09:19 PM
kc.beach
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LenO
I'm trying to mount the antenna module for a concealed radar detector behind the front grill of my 04TT. Now I can't figure out how to get in behind the grill. Can the top panel near the hood latch come off? Does anybody know how to get into that area?
The shop I used here said the grill "popped" out easily. Just make sure to be careful not to scratch the front fascia during the removal & re-assembly.

[IMG]
Attached Images  
Old 05-12-2005, 12:27 PM
LenO
4th Gear

Thanks for the response. Your installation looks great. I know there are spring clips that hold the grill in place. Supposedly, it snaps in easily. It's the "pops out easily" that's giving me trouble. I tried a little pulling and leveraging after I read your post, but I can't get it to move. You can see that the grill is kind of flimsy when you start working with it. I'm afraid it will come out in pieces if I put too much pressure in the wrong place. I wish there was a way to release the clips to help it come out but I can't figure out how they function. I suppose I could buy a replacement grill if this one comes apart but I would like to not have to go that route.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:07 PM
kc.beach
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LenO
Thanks for the response. Your installation looks great. I know there are spring clips that hold the grill in place. Supposedly, it snaps in easily. It's the "pops out easily" that's giving me trouble. I tried a little pulling and leveraging after I read your post, but I can't get it to move. You can see that the grill is kind of flimsy when you start working with it. I'm afraid it will come out in pieces if I put too much pressure in the wrong place. I wish there was a way to release the clips to help it come out but I can't figure out how they function. I suppose I could buy a replacement grill if this one comes apart but I would like to not have to go that route.
Len O-
Call Brian at Sound FX (302-644-8110). They are open from 10am-6pm (EST).
One of his employees (I think John) did both our CTs with no damage. He can give you more detail on the removal than I can.
Good Luck-
Ken

Last edited by kc.beach; 05-12-2005 at 08:08 PM. Reason: phone number fix
Old 05-18-2005, 03:53 PM
LenO
4th Gear

Ken,
I finally got to talk with both Brian and John this week. I was surprised to find out that the center grill is not held in place with clips but with two sided tape on the top and bottom. That was a revelation. The grills for the air intakes use clips. Now I know what I have to deal with. Just got to get to it. Thanks for your help.
LenO

Quick Reply: Access behind Cayenne grill for radar detector