Lowering Module

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 03:58 AM
urban_alchemist
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lowering Module

Hey guys...

I have a Cayenne Turbo with Techart 22s installed. The wheels are amazing, both dynamically and in looks, but the higher centre-of-gravity is something that is highly noticeable during high-speed direction changes.

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding lowering modules for the air suspension? How well does it integrate? How is it controlled? And above all, is it worth it?

Cheers in advance.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:12 AM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't think the COG is affected, because the tire circurmfurence is the same, otherwise the speedometer would be incorrect. I would think the turnin WOULD be affected due to less tire sidewall. Anyway, I would put the height setting on low to see how that affects things.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:19 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts
Default Hamann makes a module

I know that Hamann makes alowering module for the Cayenne Turbo. The mag "Modified Luxury & Exotics" May/June 05 issue (the current one) has a Cayenne in it with this feature. The website they reference for Hamann is Hamann Link
As for the efficacy of the device - no idea!
You might want to try Gemballa's site as well.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:27 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by urban_alchemist
Hey guys...

I have a Cayenne Turbo with Techart 22s installed. The wheels are amazing, both dynamically and in looks, but the higher centre-of-gravity is something that is highly noticeable during high-speed direction changes.

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding lowering modules for the air suspension? How well does it integrate? How is it controlled? And above all, is it worth it?

Cheers in advance.
http://www.rinspeed.com/pages/porsche/sus/pore_sus.htm
955 Cayenne (all models with air suspension)

Electronic ride-height lowering for the Porsche 955 Cayenne

Shortly after the market introduction of the Porsche 955 Cayenne Rinspeed developed an adjustable ride-height lowering system.

Based on the air suspension the Rinspeed RLMS (Rinspeed Lowering Management System) was introduced. It allows a standard lowering of the front and rear axle by 40 millimeters. Upon customer request a simple adjustment on the control unit allows additional fine adjustments of +/- 20 millimeters. No mechanical work is necessary. The standard electronic control systems such as ride leveling switch, diagnostics, PASM, PTM, PSM are not affected. Installation takes less than an hour. The supplied plug allows returning to production settings in ten minutes. The system is warranted for two years without mileage restrictions.

Part No. 31 30 0100 F Lowering module RLMS, electronic lowering system, app. 40mm, original suspension parameters remain functional, only for vehicles with air suspension

http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....ail&PID=105125
Hamann Cayenne Lowering Module For Air Suspension ( F/R: 40mm ):
$2,840.00
Old 05-06-2005, 11:39 AM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For lowering go with Cargraphic or Techart
Old 05-06-2005, 02:44 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cargraphic lowering kit:
http://www.cargraphic.com/index.php?...709,1295,1121/

Techart:
http://www.techart.de/techart/showca...ng=en&prog=44#
Old 05-06-2005, 03:01 PM
bullbear
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be installing the Cargraphic unit once my CT gets here. Have already talked to Erik...

Quick Reply: Lowering Module