Why a CS instead of a CTT

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 09:51 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why a CS instead of a CTT

Imagine that you spent the extra for a CTT (as I wish I had), then along comes Jones in a Grand Cerokee SRT8. Granted, the handling in the Cayenne is far superior (as I console myself), but take away the advantage of the Turbo oomph and what's the point? Yeah, I know, straight line torque AND handling in one package.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...23/018755.html
Old 05-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Raptor
Imagine that you spent the extra for a CTT (as I wish I had), then along comes Jones in a Grand Cerokee SRT8. Granted, the handling in the Cayenne is far superior (as I console myself), but take away the advantage of the Turbo oomph and what's the point? Yeah, I know, straight line torque AND handling in one package.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...23/018755.html
Life is more than a light to light adventure. Being former Jeep owner (& I loved them) - the handling aspect has far more importance than an article might describe. The CTT is an onroad speedster (less of a SUV than the CS.). Offroad/snow capabilities with stock tires is poor (165mph capability requires Z ratings). How much is too much when crunching rocks offroad w low profile tires and 400+hp.

I'm not knocking the CTT, but it satisfied the needs of owners who might be better served with a lighter sedan. BTW my Jeep wasn't 5200lb.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:06 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I would also guess that a CS is better suited to towing; re: engine life, compared to a CT.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

There is always something on the road that will be faster or have more hp. I did not buy my CTT to drag race a Jeep. I'm sure it will be a decent SUV but there is no way it will realisticaly compete with a CTT. Dodge makes a pick up truck with over 500 hp. This does not mean I will sell my 996 tt and pick one up because it has more hp. For porsche owners there is more to life than raw hp numbers.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:21 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,302 Posts

I have owned many Chrysler products and unless they improved the quality somehow it is still just a poor handling Chrysler. Has anyone driven the new Magnum? They consider that to be a car that handles PLEASE!!!, and talk about outsourcing issues. IMO I think these HP wars are just getting out of control. So now we are going to have more people buying these vehicles with tons of power no brakes or handling (60-0 125 feet?) that have never driven a car with more than 200hp and what kind of problems will we be seeing? Anyone who buys this is not buying it for its offroading ability. No good will come of this.

Maybe they should make 1000hp street legal monster trucks. This way you know when your going to die.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by cobalt
I have owned many Chrysler products and unless they improved the quality somehow it is still just a poor handling Chrysler. Has anyone driven the new Magnum? They consider that to be a car that handles PLEASE!!!, and talk about outsourcing issues. IMO I think these HP wars are just getting out of control. So now we are going to have more people buying these vehicles with tons of power no brakes or handling (60-0 125 feet?) that have never driven a car with more than 200hp and what kind of problems will we be seeing? Anyone who buys this is not buying it for its offroading ability. No good will come of this.

Maybe they should make 1000hp street legal monster trucks. This way you know when your going to die.
Try stopping that jeep with a 6,000lb tow load. Before Benz took them over my underwear budget went sky high, you had to stand on your head to stop & never knew if it would do it in time.

High speed sweeps (80-90) were also interesting - they are top heavy.

That said I loved the cars for what they were. I think manufacturers are being irresponsable with that much HP in those vehicles (especially the RR- jeeze)

just my .02.

Quick Reply: Why a CS instead of a CTT