Sponsored by:

Cayenne replacment pedals

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 01:07 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cayenne replacment pedals

Best aftermarket Cayenne replacment pedals I have seen. Just ordered a set...

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalo...?cPath=135_141

I got the anti-slip frosted look. Frosted matches the aluminum trim in the Cay, fyi

Sorry pic of gas pedal unavailable. No affiliation.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:23 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does the dead pedal mount? Adhesive or screws or ???
Old 05-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Resurrecting an old thread. Here are my new aluminum sport pedals I just installed yesterday.

The quality build of these units is very good however, installation is moderate to difficult. This is definitely not an engineered product from the hardware side of things. Although the fasteners are chrome-plated, the holes do not line up with the steel and composite pedal structure making much study necessary before drilling the holes in strategic areas.

Nevertheless, they surely beat the ugly molded rubber stock units.
Attached Images    
Old 05-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, don't think I've ever seen an uglier set of stock pedals than the ones on the Pepper.

Andy, those look nice.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts

Andy,
Got the same ones on mine off ebay. Mine came with the parking brake as well and agree that they take a bit to get put onm correctly but you cant beat them for the money
Old 05-02-2011, 12:37 AM
rlporter5
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JFScheck
How does the dead pedal mount? Adhesive or screws or ???
I put these on my Cayman S and they are attached with screws - you drill the holes - nyloc nuts on the back side. As noted, you have to decide which holes to use and where to drill - took some time but they were solid once installed.

Note that you can get rubber inserts for this style in addition to the 'grip' surface. I never installed my rubber inserts.

I like the Porsche logo on Andy's - what's the source for these?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rlporter5
I put these on my Cayman S and they are attached with screws - you drill the holes - nyloc nuts on the back side. As noted, you have to decide which holes to use and where to drill - took some time but they were solid once installed.

Note that you can get rubber inserts for this style in addition to the 'grip' surface. I never installed my rubber inserts.

I like the Porsche logo on Andy's - what's the source for these?
For addt'l safety purposes, I used threadlocker in addition to the nyloc nuts. The steel brake pedal structure has two wide slots centered within. There's a bit of moving the pedal cover left/right and up/down until you find a suitable location where all four screw holes find sufficient "meat" to drill. The accelerator pedal is made of a composite material which may be easy to drill however, the underside has reinforcement ribs that swallow the small fastening nuts so again, final location needs much study.

Contrary to other pedal designs which use individual rubber grommet-like inserts that are installed via the front, this model uses a 2mm thick rubber backing pad with molded oval inserts that fits from the back-side. This design is infinitely precise using CNC and/or CAD design/mfg techniques.

Since the aluminum pedal cover is not 100% contoured to the steel pedal structure, the rubber insert backing allows for making a good overall footprint contact. It also provides a higher level of security and better grip when driving with wet shoes.

These units were sourced from Ebay for about $85 USD. BTW, in case some of you were wondering, they are NOT made in Germany.

Quick Reply: Cayenne replacment pedals