Vandalism and Aftermarket Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 05:21 PM
ML
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vandalism and Aftermarket Navigation

Two things.

Woke up Sunday morning and stepped outside to realize that some punks had spay painted the side of my CS (as well as the side of my neighbour 911 turbo!)

Called the cops (I live in Toronro) and was told that they had received a few similar calls.

Now the good news. Not sure if this was due to the fact that it rained all week-end, that the Porsche paint job is really good or a combination thereof, but I was able to fix this simply by bringing the car to my regular detailing guy (for a whopping $35, which included a full exterior wash!). Thank goodness.

On a separate note, for those who might be interested, I purchased a Tom Tom Go nav system this week-end.

Very easy to use (love the touch screen display, the "bird's eye" view and the various voices you can download from the net - I use the American Valley Girl one!) I had a nav system in my old bimmer but this one is a lot better (and I can use it if I take my wife's car).

Check it out (www.tomtom.com).
Old 04-25-2005, 05:58 PM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

If you are unable to safely store your vehicle you may wish to get a car cover and use it on Friday and Saturday nights. I don't think your vehicle is at much risk on other nights. Just my 0.02.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:48 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

ML,

I got tomtom on my IPAQ, and it's great, touch screen, bird's eye, 3d as well. Had it for 1 year, you'l love it.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:00 PM
bullbear
Addict
Rennlist Member

ML: I hope it wasn't blue spray paint! Someone at work just told me he saw a GT2 (could've been a Turbo I guess) on the weekend with a big streak of blue spray paint all the way from front to back!! This was in TO too. The fu@k up things people do nowadays!!

I am glad you got rid of it so easily as we were just discussing how one would fix this problem. Did your detail guy use a clay bar to get rid of it?
Old 04-26-2005, 09:02 AM
ML
Instructor

It was indeed blue!

Not sure what my detailing guy used. I showed him the truck, he told me he could "buff it off", I picked it up 2 hours later. I can ask if you want to?
Old 04-26-2005, 04:56 PM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

I hate these bastards who vandalize. I wish I can catch one in the act.

Quick Reply: Vandalism and Aftermarket Navigation