Sponsored by:

Cayenne PCM Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Christopher Wingert
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne PCM Question

I have a 2005 Cayenne and I was trying to go through the list of POIs in the destinations (specifically the restaurant list). I was actually pretty excited about this, till I realized you could only go through the list with the scroll wheel. The restaurant list is HUGE, is there a way to page down or go to a segment of the list by letter?

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2005, 05:18 PM
bullbear
Addict
Rennlist Member

The answer is NO. I know, pretty dumb for such an expensive truck! Makes the POI almost useless.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:03 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

My old lexus have voice activated and touch screen. So the PCM is not touch screen? good golly, i didnt know that, was gonna buy one from ebay, is it worth it? or should I just retrofit a bi-xenon light?
Old 04-15-2005, 07:14 PM
356driver
Racer

I agree touch screen would be much easier to use. The Japanese seem to have quite a lead over the Germans in telematics.

I found one trick regarding POI's in the Porsche PCM. The default selection is to request POI's within a city. As mentioned above this results in scrolling through an endless list of restaurants (then you get to the B's, then the C's, and on and on and on). But instead of searching an entire city you can select a search for POI's either nearby or near your destination. This reduces the list considerably.

Of course you may not always need to find a POI in the immediate area, or you may not always have your destination entered. So it's not perfect. But it does fit many situations so every little bit helps.

Quick Reply: Cayenne PCM Question