Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how many Km when you oil change in first time?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 06:57 PM
bongbman
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question how many Km when you oil change in first time?

just want to ask for how many Km when you oil change in first time on your Cayenne?
the Porsche dealer suggested an oil change at 10,000 km, he stated that to change earlier than 10,000 km did not make sense, due to the use of synthetic oil.
but my other friends told me,oil change in first 3,000 km are better for Porsche.
so how many people are going to change their oil during or just after 3,000 km?
Old 03-01-2005, 09:01 PM
ajauch
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Search First Oil Change

Just search the archives for first oil change. This has been discussed ad nauseum several times.

The official Porsche answer is 20K miles (not sure what that is in metric). Several posters on this forum have suggested that this is "managed wear" and is essential for seating the rings and etc..

Personally, I'm doing exactly what the manual calls for.

Alex
Old 03-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The manual says 20K miles, or 30K Km (which is more like 18K miles.) Changing Mobil 1 synthetic every 3K Km (or just 1800 miles) is insane for normal use. On the other hand, 20K miles seems to me to be pushing it a bit unless the car is driven primarily highway miles.

I did my first Cayenne S oil change at 10K miles, because I'm using if for towing the 951 track car and because I can get a lot of stop-and-go in my daily commute. BTW, the filter is TINY on this car, and while it wasn't filthy by any means it had collected some dirt, and the 10K interval seemed about riight for me based on how the filter looked.

You should take the factory recommendation and adjust it according based on the conditions under which you drive the car -- which, in fact, the manual tells you to do. Now on my 951 I'll change the Mobil 1 and filter out at least every other track event, if not every track event. It could probably go longer, but considering the consequences of operating under "severe" service, it ends up being cheap insurance.

Quick Reply: how many Km when you oil change in first time?