Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Cayenne Turbo - For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 08:04 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

All this "modern" math is doing my head in.

Old 03-03-2005, 09:26 AM
thecleaner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone dont get your BVD's in a bunch it is Chuck's car, someone out there will buy it, good luck and godspeed!
Old 03-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

Chuck,
My advice is to try and sell elsewhere. There is no place for the Cayenne in the classified and the people here do not seem to respect a post trying to sell something, as you can see from the responses you got. I did the same thing you did when I sold my CS. Several people jumped in and said my price was too high and were great at pointing out all of the deficiencies of my car. I sold the vehicle in a short period of time for the price I wanted. While I do like this site, when it comes to selling this forum is very counterproductive. I would concentrate on ebay, cars.com and auto trader.com.
Good luck.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by thecleaner
Hey everyone dont get your BVD's in a bunch it is Chuck's car, someone out there will buy it, good luck and godspeed!
I appreciate your words. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Truble10
Chuck,
My advice is to try and sell elsewhere. There is no place for the Cayenne in the classified and the people here do not seem to respect a post trying to sell something, as you can see from the responses you got. I did the same thing you did when I sold my CS. Several people jumped in and said my price was too high and were great at pointing out all of the deficiencies of my car. I sold the vehicle in a short period of time for the price I wanted. While I do like this site, when it comes to selling this forum is very counterproductive. I would concentrate on ebay, cars.com and auto trader.com.
Good luck.
Sound advice. You know what, when I posted the CTT for sale here I knew this was a possibility based on my own past experiences on other forums of this board (and not necessarily the two obvious ones). I thought it worth the risk to let fellow enthusiasts know it was for sale.

I like to be positive and think people are above some of the BS I see from time to time on these forums but, I guess I should know better. For the life of me, I do not understand why the very vocal minority feel the need to sabotage things like this. I just don't get it, if resale on these things stays higher, doesn't that benefit everyone who owns one?

FWIW, from the responses I'm getting from the venues you mentioned, its just a matter of time before it sells. I will not have any trouble selling the CTT for what I want out of it. Probably not to anyone on this board though.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:31 PM
mastertrust
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen this CTT, it is in wonderful shape and cleaner than the day it left the factory. The only problem with it is that a lunatic from NYC put a few miles on it a couple of months back.

Cheers,
RCL
NYC
Old 03-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mastertrust
The only problem with it is that a lunatic from NYC put a few miles on it a couple of months back.

Cheers,
RCL
NYC
............and it SOLD in spite of that! I didn't tell the buyer.

Hey RCL, good to hear from you. See ya in a couple months.

I am outta here!
Old 03-27-2005, 03:15 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

his price might be a tad high, but it's not a crazy price. he is making a reasonable request and is trying to sell his car for a reasonable price-he doesn't deserve criticism. i have seen other regular posters trying to sell their cars on this board for outragious prices, and they weren't criticized. he certainly seems entitled to try and sell his turbo.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:49 PM
k2kv
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Chuck,

Just a word to the wise - -

Your CT is really nice. Next time you run an ad, leave out the price. If anyone is interested, ask them to please contact you offline. You will have direct contact with anyone interested, and can negotiate in private. No need for you to have to endure others who have nothing better to do than try to bring other folks down into their own depressions.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Quick Reply: 2004 Cayenne Turbo - For Sale