Sponsored by:

Bose radio in CS

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 12:37 PM
thecleaner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose radio in CS

In the CS 04' Bose radio transmits to the amplifiers via two optical cables. I would like to replace just the head unit with an aftermarket to allow for DVD, CD, CD Changer and Sat Radio and increased sub output, via adding one in the rear side panles,the other speakers and factory equipment sounds good and to improve upon it would take a fortune. Any one attempted this and if so is there a radio with optical out and a company making conversions to match up to the CS radio plugs.
Thanks
Old 01-20-2005, 01:08 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lance,
FWIW, Bose doesn't make the headunit (radio); it is an OEM to Porsche from Becker.
Also, the optical connections are defined under the MOST standard between headunit, amplifier, CDChanger and back to headunit; all speakers are connected to amplifier via copper wires (even the powered bass driver in the spare tire compartment).
There are no aftermarket MOST solutions which you described (long story).

Your only alternative if you truly desire a new headunit, is to replace the headunit and amplifier (and CDChanger if equipped) and install your own equipment. You will not have any dashboard displays or steering wheel controls functioning.

I don't know if non members can use the search function, but a search for MOST or fiber optic would yield lots of useful information, as this has been discussed.

BTW, the same Bose amplifier (with MOST) is used in all MY03+ 996, 986, Cayennes, 997 and 987; so you're not alone.

Quick Reply: Bose radio in CS