Porsche Winter DE in the Swiss Alps

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Matt C
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Porsche Winter DE in the Swiss Alps

I recently attended a Winter DE, organized by the Swiss Porsche Import AMAG, near St. Moritz in the beautiful Engadin in the Swiss Alps.

The event started at a fine hotel in the evening with an hour of theorie, followed by a great dinner. The following morning, we went to the 40'000m2 ice field they had prepared. The good thing: We didn't have to drive our own car. They had almost the whole range there (997, 997S, 987, 987S, Cayenne V6/S/TT, 996C4S, etc) for us. After some praticing of standard situations (braking, dodging obstacles), they set up a course which we had to drive while constantly forcing the car into over-/understeering and catching it again. It was a great fun and at the same a good opportunity to improve one's car handling abilties.

Some more (and large) pictures can be found here: Gallery
Old 01-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds great, Matt! Which hotel did they use for this event? We stayed at the Hotel Waldhaus in Sils Maria last summer when we did the Porsche Alpine Pass tour after taking Euro Delivery on our Cayenne S. It was a wonderful hotel; I was wondering if they used the same one for your special event.

I've done a similar event with Audi -- their Ice Driving School in Seefeld, Austria -- on two occasions. At the last one in 2002 they brought iin Walter Rohrl as a special guest to give us all rides AT NIGHT on their driving field. It was amazing. We chatted with him afterward and he had just returned from testing Cayenne prototypes at Porsche's test facility in Finland. He was raving to us about how fantastic the Cayenne was. At the time I never imagined I'd be buying one for myself two years later!

Old 01-16-2005, 05:55 AM
Matt C
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Renn 951, they used the Hotel Schweizerhof in Pontresina for this event. It's a nice 4-star hotel, just a 5-min drive away from the driving field.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Matt:

Yes, I can see on my map that Sils Maria would not be as close to where your event was. I do highly recommend the Hotel Waldhaus if you return to the region, however.

Quick Reply: Porsche Winter DE in the Swiss Alps