Sponsored by:

Porsche Communications Management (PCM) & Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 12:50 AM
hamiam
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Communications Management (PCM) & Heated Seats

Hi guys. I am looking to purchase a Cayenne S. Not alot of requirements other than black, basalt black or titanium exterior, the convenience package (moon roof, xenon headlights, etc) and I want the PCM as I dont like the way the dash looks without it. My wife, on the other hand, is insisting on heated seats. (We live in NYC and will keep the car in an outdoor lot.) Anyways, Im having trouble finding one with both and was wondering if its possible for the dealer to add a PCM system and./or add heating elements to the seats. Crazy I know but every car I have seen is different from each other.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:00 AM
boybike
Intermediate

My dealer was able to go on the web and find just the right car for me (an S, with PCM, heated, seats, et. al)
where are you located? is there more than 1 dealer near by?
Old 01-07-2005, 07:15 AM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 93 Posts

Use the Porsche web site. It links to the dealer sites and permits investigating the inventory. The lists may be dated and incomplete, but it provides some visibility to inventory.

Or, have the dealership use the Porsche computer for a full, current, listing of all inventory. They should be able to swap any available vehicle, especially one that has not left the prep center.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:30 PM
NYC Cayenne
Instructor

Did you check with ManhattanMotorcars (the porsche dealer here), they usualy have alot of cayennes in stock for you to choose from.

Give them a call 212 594 6200 ask to speak to Lary Kosa (nice guy, sales dep.) tell him John Gazivoda sent you...
Worth a shot.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:56 PM
hamiam
Instructor

Default I live in NYC

Every dealer I call on their posted inventory is sold out of that car and offers me something without the options that I want or with 20k miles or whatever. Ill call Larry and see how it goes.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:32 PM
hamiam
Instructor

Default for John G :

I spoke to your man at Manhattan Motor Cars and I will be paying him a visit yesterday. He asked me to ask you if you could provide him with a certain Albanian beverage?
Old 01-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Aeson
Advanced

The local dealer here in Florida found exactly what I wanted in Kentucky and had it delivered after he figured that I wasn't going to accept anything else.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:54 AM
Sammamish
Advanced

First I don't think it will be difficult to find a car optioned the way you want.
Second I recall past posts that PCM retrofit is relatively easy, but heated seat is not.
Third heated seats work well with 0-5 settings. I don't recall which package heated steering is part of, but you might want to consider that as well.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:15 AM
suneet
Advanced

I almost bought a Cayenne without PCM and considered a retrofit. But, the dealer informed me that this would cost over 6,000 dollars with parts and installation. I decided to use autotrader and get auto to find the exact car I wanted, and in about a month, I found once in North Carolina at Foreign Cars Italia and had it shipped for about $600. I've done this with every car I've bought and always gotten the options I wanted... Good luck on finding the Perfect Pepper.

- Suneet
Old 01-10-2005, 12:23 AM
hamiam
Instructor

I found the car i wanted (titanium/black, PCM, convenience pack, 6 cd changer, hitch, heated seats, etc) at New Country Porsche in Greenwich, CT. I would HIGHLY recomend my salesman, John "JR" Resnick; the buying experience was a pleasure.

Quick Reply: Porsche Communications Management (PCM) & Heated Seats