Look twice if you have 18" Porsche N0 Pirelli Scorpions

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 03:37 PM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Look twice if you have 18" Porsche N0 Pirelli Scorpions

All, just a heads up. While cleaning up my CT and checking the tire pressure I noticed that my 18" Porsche N0 rated Pirelli Scorpion winter tires DID NOT have the snowflake (??) I contacted Tirerack and the 1st service person told me that not all winter tires got the snowflake. After more discussion I informed him that this snowflake is a big deal to the tire manufactures and few would leave it off. He assured me these were indeed snow tires. I then asked for customer service and to speak to someone who really new their tires. After more discussion and informing him that I indeed had the N0 and also V rated tire, he said let me check because our 18" Snow Tires (at least the ones they sell) do not come in V. When he returned he told me that I indeed had Pirelli N0 Scorpions, but not the winter tire. I have their M&S rated tire. I asked if these were all season and he said no, they are M&S. They are not true snow tires. Long story short, they are going to ship the Winter tires on Monday but they are not Porsche approved N0 rated or V rated. However he did confirm in the 19" size they are N0 and V rated but they do not have any in stock
Old 12-31-2004, 07:23 PM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

UPDATE: seems there is more confusion. I have the Pirelli Scorpion Zeros but not with the All Season Tread Pattern - they have the Winter Tread Pattern. Tire Rack says wait until Monday they need to contact Pirelli to see what's going on. You bet, who would make two tires with the same name with two different tread patterns and one pattern that is identical to the winter tire? Will post final results when they come in.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

It's an Italian company (from a former Alfa owner)
Old 01-03-2005, 12:17 AM
ajauch
Instructor

Default Got Snowflake?

Hmmm. I have a set of 255/55R18 Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snows. Just got them about a month ago. They DO have the snowflake icon on the sidewalls. They also have a small "M+S" label.

I just got back from two weeks in the Sierras and they work great!

Alex
Old 01-03-2005, 10:47 AM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ajauch
Hmmm. I have a set of 255/55R18 Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snows. Just got them about a month ago. They DO have the snowflake icon on the sidewalls. They also have a small "M+S" label.

I just got back from two weeks in the Sierras and they work great!

Alex
Alex,

Same tires, same experience (2 weeks in Sierras) -- outstanding tires -- even on dry pavement.

Phil
Old 01-03-2005, 03:15 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I love the tires. Drove yesterday 120 miles of packed snow/black ice/frezzing fog from Bend to Portland and felt quite comfortable with the setup.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:17 PM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Glad to hear all that have the "correct" tires and report a positive experience. My "correct" tires are due in Wednesday - Then I will have the "Ice & Snows".

Also glad everyone made it home from Tahoe - I used to make the trip up 80 to Reno and back home thru Tahoe then to Walnut Creek and know how that can be in the snow. I'm now back east and so far this winter- no snow - Cheers
Old 01-04-2005, 09:30 AM
JARO
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got 19inch Scorpion Zero A/S in 19inch and had them siped. So far so god. Good comfort, great cornering performance but Winter Strom is finally going to hit Chicago so will see.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:14 PM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jaro, if the snows come and not to deep, P Zero's should not be a problem. My Scorpion Ice and Snows came in today so tomorrow I will swap them out. Tire Rack is taking back the P Zeros, paying the shipping and the installation cost. Remember to always double check what comes in, even if it has the Porsche N number.

Quick Reply: Look twice if you have 18" Porsche N0 Pirelli Scorpions