Sponsored by:

Remote problems solved?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 07:30 PM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Remote problems solved?

I was just at my local dealer and bumped into the service manager. When he asked me how my car was I told him that I love everything about this car but I have one major complaint, the remote SUCKS. I told him I could almost live with being two feet away when I lock and unlock the car but hitting the button five or six times until I just hit it right is insane. I have been embarrassed in front of people getting into my own car.

They said there was a recall for the keyless entry remote (not mine) because of a similar problem but they would replace mine with the new keyless entry style remote anyway. Apparently it is greatly improved.

I am getting it done next Wednesday, I will let you know if there is improvement.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Davidoconn
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had both of my remotes replaced, and I have to say that I can tell zero improvement, in fact it might even be worse than before. The range is still 2 feet, but now I have to press on the button several times to make it work.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:16 PM
DutchCS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got mine replaced last week with the 'new' style. Had the same issues as Bayside, not covered under recall but dealer replaced them regardless. 100% improvement, I now have normal range and can 'fire from the hip' with the remote at some 20 feet or so...
Old 12-14-2004, 10:29 PM
ajauch
Instructor

Default Antenna?

Originally Posted by Davidoconn
I just had both of my remotes replaced, and I have to say that I can tell zero improvement, in fact it might even be worse than before. The range is still 2 feet, but now I have to press on the button several times to make it work.
Have they checked the antenna? I know that several people had problems with the antenna assembly (it's under the rear winglet). Mine's working fine after replacement. Good range (20' or so).

Alex
Old 12-15-2004, 09:19 AM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Dealer unwound my antenna -- I believe it came from the factory coiled it up, and I now get 50ft with original remotes. Build date was 03/03. I believe it does help to point it at the antenna -- high rear.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:32 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BaysideC4
I was just at my local dealer and bumped into the service manager. When he asked me how my car was I told him that I love everything about this car but I have one major complaint, the remote SUCKS. I told him I could almost live with being two feet away when I lock and unlock the car but hitting the button five or six times until I just hit it right is insane. I have been embarrassed in front of people getting into my own car.

They said there was a recall for the keyless entry remote (not mine) because of a similar problem but they would replace mine with the new keyless entry style remote anyway. Apparently it is greatly improved.

I am getting it done next Wednesday, I will let you know if there is improvement.
yes, this was our #1 complaint too and we would have dumped the thing if this had not been fixed (ours didn't work at all except for setting off the alarm after you tried to open it for a few seconds). it's fixed now and they work well.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:59 AM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Ben,

Do you know what did they do to fix yours?
Old 12-15-2004, 01:45 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
FWIW, mine was fixed by new remote controls. No information on what is different, but they do work from 20' no problems.....unlike before, where I stated on the paperwork when dropping the Cayenne off for service:

"The only way to open the door with these remotes is to throw it at the vehicle".
Old 12-15-2004, 02:09 PM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

I stated on the paperwork when dropping the Cayenne off for service: "The only way to open the door with these remotes is to throw it at the vehicle"

HA HA HA HA HA..... That's exactly how I feel
Old 12-15-2004, 03:46 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BaysideC4
Ben,

Do you know what did they do to fix yours?
My service ticket says:

"Replaced remotes and R&R rear spoiler. Clean grounds in spoiler, repositioned."

remote part #s:
955-637-244-02-01C

The entire ownership experienced went from absolute disgust to thrilled save for the hesitation based on this single repair (and getting the back glass to stop radomly popping open over and over).
Old 12-16-2004, 12:29 AM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had my key fobs replaced there is certainly a big inprovement!
Old 12-16-2004, 10:54 AM
Chris Prack
Drifting

The updated remotes and extending the antenna has improved every one I have done. Some do seem to work better than others and I cannot tell you why. They just do. I have had some that would work from 30 - 40 YARDS away while others are in the 15 - 20 foot area others have seen.

There is no explanation of what improvement was done to the remote but it seems to work.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi, Chris!! Glad to see you are trolling the Cayenne site now!

Old 12-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Yeah, stuck at home with two sick kids and a sick oil furnace.

I work on enough of them, maybe I can be of some help here....................maybe.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:08 AM
highender
AutoX

I am having lousy remote operation also.....but do you think they will honor or try to fix and get me a new remotes so they work better ? will the dealer reposition the antenna ??? please let me know....

Quick Reply: Remote problems solved?