Sponsored by:

Picking up 05 CT 300 miles away next weekend

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 10:01 PM
intrasta
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picking up 05 CT 300 miles away next weekend

My lapis blue Cayenne Turbo arived at the dealer in Mill Valley on Wednesday. Unfortunatly not able to go pick it up this weekend and will have to wait
I'm getting the invisible bra installed. Really wondering if i should just have it shipped or just drive it home. It's gonna be hard to keep it out of the red. I'm very excited. Already looking for rims, since i only got the 18" porsche rims. Thinking about getting a set of 23" chrome rims...

I'd like to thank all of you that post on this board. I've been reading the posts here over the last few months since i ordered my CT, so i know i'll here about the rims i wanna put on it, reguardless thx!! The info helped me alot in makeing my order and finding a dealer that didn't try to feed me too much bullsh*t.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:20 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by intrasta
Already looking for rims, since i only got the 18" porsche rims. Thinking about getting a set of 23" chrome rims....
Yo, word on the 23" chrome...

Seriously, does Porsche even allow a 23" rim? You should look into this to see if such sizes are approved. The forces on the suspension components is different with the teeny sidewall. The car probably wasn't designed for more than the 20" option.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:32 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,162 Likes on 1,296 Posts

I would stay away from anything over 20" I hear the ride quality suffers and any damge done to the suspension would not be covered.

I would drive it the 300miles it will go by quickly. You really want to take as many long trips as possible in the first 2k and keep the revs below 4500. Longer trips make the first 2k miles go by quickly. You will find with the torque and power that you will not need to rev above 4200 much unless you really want to push it. The power is so effortless that basic driving and passing can be achieved without coming close to redline. The tranny will give you all the performance you need and stay below 4200 unless you push it hard.

Good Luck with your new toy.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

I went with the 20" Gemballa Racing wheel - see pictures under "happy Cayenne owner".
I went back and forth between 20" & 22". I never considered anything larger. Remember this is not an Escalade. I still wanted to do some "light" off roading - more like uneven Arizona dirt roads. I just did not feel comfortable with 30 or 35 series sidewalls.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:14 PM
andre5
Instructor

I'm going out on a limb here, but I volunteer to drive it to you since I'm in the Bay Area for a return airline ticket back to Oakland

Otherwise, come pick it up and drive the beast home. While you're trying to keep it under the break in limits, you can fiddle with your seats, set the memory for the seats/mirrors/stearing wheel, play with the Nav, set your radio presets, and just plain get comfortable with your new toy.

Congrats!
Old 12-06-2004, 11:05 PM
intrasta
Track Day

I've seen many on here that have put 22" rims on their CS, and found a nice set of rims that i want to put on mine but they come in 20" wich is too small and 23" which is just right. Gonna give it plenty of thought before making final decision.

andre5 I appreciate the offer but i'll drive it down myself. I didn't relize that the breakin period was the first 2k miles. Might have to take a skiing trip to vail...cant wait.

Quick Reply: Picking up 05 CT 300 miles away next weekend