Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the penelty for driving above 100 Mph

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it varies by state, some have a set limit, if you go above that speed, they do something, some hvae it like , if you go X above the posted limit, then they do something

in any case, i've never heard of it becoming a felony as someone said

worst case scenario you get arrested.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:02 AM
magicdracula
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy cow !!!!!!

Are you serious guys that I might get arrested and my car gets towed, oh wow. To tell you the truth, I had a feeling that it's not going to be just a ticket and thats it, except in rare cases like what happened to Jamy.

I guess from now on, I should better monitor the speed of that crazy beast on open roads

P.S: The V1 is on the way

Last edited by magicdracula; 11-29-2004 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:59 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Keep in mind that the V1 is a radar detector. It will detect laser but this does not protect you against it. I was coming home from the airport two weeks ago and got zapped by a cop going about 90mph. I jammed on the brakes and slowed to 65mph very quickly. He didn't stop me for whatever reason (maybe because he was pointed in the direction of opposing traffic). In any event that was the first time I got hit by laser and luckily I got away with it. I owe credit to my son in the back seat who was yelling at me not to go above 90mph otherwise I would have been easily over 100mph.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:47 AM
ajauch
Instructor

Default V1 = Magic

Get a V1 dude. Mandatory on the pepper. I've got a CT and my V1 is hard wired and always on.

Totally saved my *** last night. I was doing about 90 on a very empty country highway (yes, dangerous to me and my license, no not endangering anyone else). The V1 started flashing and screaching it's little guts out. I hit the brakes and was doing exactly the 60 MPH speed limit when the CHiPpy came by about two minutes later. Funny thing was that I saw him pull a guy over in my rearview. The guy was probably following my tail lights and figured it was OK. Ooops.

Alex
Old 11-30-2004, 12:48 AM
SYMA
Pro

In NYS they would arrange to have a town stoning. VA is really bad also, deliverance bad.
I would suggest Montana or Wyoming to lessen your chances of explaining to the trooper where the fire is.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:37 AM
urban_alchemist
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In the UK, there is a no-questions asked ban above 100mph...

In Israel, over 85mph there's a 6-month ban, over 100mph its 15 days in prison...

I got caught doing 220kmph in my old Impreza Turbo on the Dead-Sea to Eilat road (empty and newly paved), and luckily got away with a slap on the wrist. Thanks god for the British passport and driver's license!!!
Old 12-01-2004, 09:05 PM
kc.beach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DEETZ22
magic: where have you been? do you still live in Cronin? Don't worry we all go faster than 110mph hahaha! get a V1 its the best radar detector. Almost all of my friends have them.
I've been looking for a good unit for a few months and took your advice on the V1. I liked the info on their website. It should arrive in a couple days. What's the best location/attachment method for the Cayenne?
Old 12-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kc.beach
I've been looking for a good unit for a few months and took your advice on the V1. I liked the info on their website. It should arrive in a couple days. What's the best location/attachment method for the Cayenne?
Right under the rear view mirror. Search this board, some posters have real neat installs.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:30 AM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Torags
Right under the rear view mirror. Search this board, some posters have real neat installs.

I second that. You cant even see the V1 from the outside
Old 12-02-2004, 04:11 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

I second the DE thing. I have been in gainesville for like 5 years. No tickets. But I come from clearwater which is a very wealthy area. Cops all over. No tickets here in gainesville (University town). I got like 5-6 there (Clearwater). About 2-3 per year when I was in HS. I don't even bother driving fast on the street anymore. I could never again justify spending a ton of money on a fast car for the street. Be sensible. Indulge when you can. Stay safe.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:47 AM
TimC.
Racer

Originally Posted by Torags
nah...install it directly ABOVE the rearview mirror just left or right of the rain sensor.... The Cayenne has plenty of room up there and it looks even more sleek and invisible even from inside the car !
Old 12-02-2004, 07:21 PM
Warren928
Burning Brakes

I got stopped doing 100 in a 55. Fortunately for me, his speedometer stopped at 100. He gave me 4 other tickets too, which was the equivelant of reckless driving. He told me he would normally have towed the car, but I seemed like a nice guy.
I got 3 out of 5 tickets dismissed and only 2 points on my record, no lawyer. Paid them $150 more than the ticket face value. Money talks. Go figure.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:53 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Well here in ohio, you'll get reckless driving if you go over 100mph. I'm not sure what the cost of the ticket is, but you'll be slapped with 2.

Heh.. felony.. yes. A friend of mine, well lets make that 2 ran from the cops and got clocked at over 130mph. One got evading (clocked at 132mph, Eagle Talon AWD heavily modded) (misdiminor (sp?)) and the other got evading and looting (clocked at 146mph in an Eagle Talon FWD Turbo thats 100% STOCK) (felony). Neither will see a drivers liscene for 6months and will pay in excess of $1000 worth of fines.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:38 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down Speeding with kids in the car!! Come on

Originally Posted by Blade-MD
Keep in mind that the V1 is a radar detector. It will detect laser but this does not protect you against it. I was coming home from the airport two weeks ago and got zapped by a cop going about 90mph. I jammed on the brakes and slowed to 65mph very quickly. He didn't stop me for whatever reason (maybe because he was pointed in the direction of opposing traffic). In any event that was the first time I got hit by laser and luckily I got away with it. I owe credit to my son in the back seat who was yelling at me not to go above 90mph otherwise I would have been easily over 100mph.
Although I understand the "need for speed" and advocate that that be found in a semi controlled environment, I am said to here that not only are many of us stupid enough to speed and endanger our own lives but as a trauma/vascular surgeon myself, hope nobody in this forum is crazy enough to drive recklessly WITH A CHILD IN THE CAR!!
Old 12-03-2004, 02:29 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Tom,
I sent you a PM
Blade

Quick Reply: What is the penelty for driving above 100 Mph