Mud flaps on 04 CTT painted to match - pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 07:59 AM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTER345
Don't know about the flaps...almost too much white. What's next, the tires? Cheers!
Nope!. That's it for mods.

Originally Posted by JARO
I actually think the car looked great BEFORE you got those mud flaps....Techquipment 20's etc...white is not my color but with the tint and overall the car looked nice. I would take these muflaps away as they remind me of some old Chevy Cavalier with optional body painter flaps....
.........Ouch! Don't have any idea what a Chevy Cavalier with optional body painted (correction ?) flaps is or looks like. I'm guessing you don't care for the look though.

I didn't add the 20" sport techno's, they came on the truck from the factory. Only mods are flaps and tint. No problem on the color, we all have colors we like and dislike I'm not much of a beige guy myself.

Originally Posted by pdxjim
Pimp mobile!
Perhaps in Oregon it might be. Here on the East Coast to be considered pimp, it would at the very least require 24" chromies with spinners and perhaps some chrome around the wheel well openings and blue lights underneath!

Last edited by Chuck Z; 11-16-2004 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:38 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

I really like the vehicle. I wasn't much of a fan of the white color originally as it seemed too white. No contrast. After seeing one tinted over a year ago the color really grew on me. Those mud flaps are awesome. I think clear euro side markers and some roof rails would accent it nicely IMHO.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:03 AM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Blade-MD
I really like the vehicle. I wasn't much of a fan of the white color originally as it seemed too white. No contrast. After seeing one tinted over a year ago the color really grew on me. Those mud flaps are awesome. I think clear euro side markers and some roof rails would accent it nicely IMHO.
For 12 years I could any color company car I wanted as long as it was white. I hated white..... on any vehicle! Friends often quoted me as saying I would NEVER have another white vehicle of any kind. Funny how time makes you forget!

The white really grew on me too, especially the way the turbo was done with the white bottom as compared to the S until 05. I don't care for the white with the lighter interiors but this one had black (haven't seen many white with black Cayennes). I too like the roof rails as the roof carrying system that came with the CTT is IMHO REALLY ugly!
Old 11-16-2004, 06:35 PM
nealM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of tint is that? I am trying to find a film that matches the factory tinted rears.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think its a 3M gray, the shade between the front windows and limo?
Old 11-16-2004, 08:19 PM
gaurang
Instructor

Were you in CT last weekend and on the Berlin Tpke? I saw a white CTT and it was amazing! similar to urs
Old 11-16-2004, 08:35 PM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gaurang
Were you in CT last weekend and on the Berlin Tpke? I saw a white CTT and it was amazing! similar to urs
Nope, wasn't me.

How do you like the Fabspeed exhaust? Sound? Quality?
Old 11-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 259 Posts

Looks really nice!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:01 PM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Thats very white.....nice
Old 11-17-2004, 10:44 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

While we are on the subject of mud flaps, I did a search and came up with nothing reagrding the installation.
I just received my mudflaps yesterdfay and they have no instructions. Any Idea of what the metal pieces are for? Any copys or links to installation would be appreciated.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
Any Idea of what the metal pieces are for? Any copys or links to installation would be appreciated.
Yes. Instructions don't seem to be included with the mud flaps as I have now purchased two sets (another for the CS we traded for the CTT) and neither had instructions.

The metal pieces line up with the holes of the front mud flaps and are contoured to fit the back of each front wheel opening to add strength. You have to take the front fender liners out after you've mounted the front flaps and put them behind lining up the holes in the metal brace with the holes you drill in the fender liners which are lined up with the holes in the mud flap itself.

Sound complicated? In my opinion, its not worth the effort unless you plan to do allot of off roading where debris will be trying to tear them off the vehicle or, if you live in an area where lots of icy snow will accumulate on them. I didn't use the metal braces on either installation and they are pretty stout without them. I will keep them with the vehicle in the event we sell it to someone at some point who needs them for the reasons I mentioned.

Good luck.

BTW, LOVE your 3.6!
Old 11-17-2004, 11:18 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Chuck,

I appreciate the help. I think I will do as you have done. Especially since i just had half the front wheel liners out last weekend to put in the clear corners. These cars aren't like the early 911's to work on.

BTW I just have to say that your choice of painting the centers of your wheels on the GTS was the right one. Looks fabulous. That really is one pretty porsche. The interior on the green 928 was the same as mine only with black you have to love those crazy germans and their wild color schemes.

One more thing, did you think about painting the wind deflector in front of the rear wheels to match the mud flaps?
Old 11-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Chuck,

I appreciate the help. I think I will do as you have done. Especially since i just had half the front wheel liners out last weekend to put in the clear corners. These cars aren't like the early 911's to work on.
NP. Or, like early 928s. I have had the 78 on jack stands in my garage since July cleaning, painting(wheel wells, battery box, gas tank strap and underside) and refreshing nuts, bolts and washers. It is turning out really nice!

Chuck,

BTW I just have to say that your choice of painting the centers of your wheels on the GTS was the right one. Looks fabulous. That really is one pretty porsche. The interior on the green 928 was the same as mine only with black you have to love those crazy germans and their wild color schemes.
Thanks. I know I'm partial but I have to agree, they really do look good. The guy who painted them is VERY proud of them and rightfully so, they look like jewelry.

I always wanted a 928 with the op-art interior. It's so 70's The fabric cannot be replaced as it is no longer available. It's quite a sight!

Chuck,
One more thing, did you think about painting the wind deflector in front of the rear wheels to match the mud flaps?
Thought about it but, its just one more thing to collect chips and scrapes. I might still consider it if I decide to put film on the front end and leading edges.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:58 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

The film is worth every penny. I have it on both mine and it really is a saver.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:43 PM
versachi
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Chuck Z
Haven't been on this board much lately so I don't know if anyone has posted pics of a CTT with mud flaps painted to match. I did the install this past weeked and they look absolutely AWESOME - IMHO of course. Here's a couple pics.......
Hi Chuck,
I just picked up my Mud Flaps as well and of course no instruction!!(
would you please help me out and let me know where those bars in the package belongs to?
did you paint the flaps yourself? any advise on how to make the paint last longer since it is rubber or there is no problem? also have you update your navigation to 2007-2008 version?
Thanks, Henry

Quick Reply: Mud flaps on 04 CTT painted to match - pics