Sponsored by:

Confirmation of Alarm/Locking

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Davidoconn
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Confirmation of Alarm/Locking

I tried to perform a search but couldn't find anything on this topic. I have a 2004 CS and just today had a problem with no confirmation beep when I lock the doors. The lights still flash twice, but no sound confirmation. I checked the settings on the main menu and it is set up for the confirmation by lights and horn, but the horn is not working. Anybody have anything similar?

I am used to my Boxster, which only beeps when there is a malfunction such as if the trunk is open when you lock the doors. I like the audio confirmation of the locking, however it is gone for some reason.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2004, 09:56 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would say that the comfort control module has a problem, thats what handles that function. Dealer should replace.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:03 PM
pingwrx
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you have everything shut when you locked the car and set the alarm? (i.e. window, sunroof, rear hatch etc.) I find that if there's an error and the car isn't completely shut (such as a door), the horn won't sound. The remote still locks everything and and the lights blink, but you won't get the complete audible confirmation.

I have my 2004 CS set up the same way as yours, and I encountered this when I was playing around with the comfort settings.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:30 AM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 819 Likes on 265 Posts

Yes, if something is open you won't get a sound.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Davidoconn
Advanced

Thanks for the replies. I went inside the vehicle this morning and locked myself in setting the alarm. I moved and set off the alarm, nothing but flashing lights. I did it again, and the alarm horn came alive again, and now everything seems fine. Yesterday was the coldest day of the season, however that shouldn't have anything to do with it as the low was about 30F.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:43 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats still not right, it must have been in an odd state but those thing generally get worse not better if there is a problem
Old 11-10-2004, 12:53 PM
gchu
Advanced

Mine also does that and I thought that was normal. No horn or signal when lock the vehicle, double horn and signal when unloock the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Confirmation of Alarm/Locking