Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Best days in a Cayenne owners life?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 08:16 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

John there are non with any sort of good population, I was on edmunds.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:41 PM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife had an X5 before I got her the CS, she loved teh X5 as I did, I just like the feel and look of the CS more. Both top drawer SUV's...nice problem to have.

Enjoy it, they look great.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:57 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down

Sorry to hear that also. However, it seems all of us in this forum obviously like the cay and for different reasons. Style, towing your race car, bling bling, and yes even track and autocross events. Im glad you got rid of yours so you can stop bad mouthing the thing to everyone that will listen to you. Hope you are happy.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:22 PM
Lotus350
Advanced

I can relate to Riz's two best days as a Cayenne owner. However, like most of us, I have had to put up with various issues and dealer ##$%$. To date, my CS has been in the shop for more days during my past 5 months of ownership than my BMW has in the past 4 years of ownership. Granted, it gets under my skin too. However, now that most of the bugs are fixed...my happy days are adding up and it's been great!

There is no substitute for the CS!! But than again, the 4.8is is a real nice truck too. Enjoy...
Old 11-02-2004, 03:02 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

BMW X5 4.8is -

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=8697

"BMW X5 4.8is - Not the quickest, but it makes second place seem okay."
Old 11-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Mudman 2: I never said the CS was boring - I wished it was. Taking it to the dealership every week was hardly boring. I got to drive exciting loaner cars like Kia Amanti's, Lincold LS, Chevy trailblazers, Jaguar X-types, Infiniti FX35's, Chrysler Pacifica's, Buick Electra Park Avenue and a few others. I got to get my shoes shined every few days. I should have spent my 70K on a few of these wonderful cars. Maybe yours doesn't break down and I hope it doesn't.

OZR: I would have loved to explored the CS to its full capacity. Thats what I bought it for. I got to explore the dealerships service facility though. Low torque would mean less than 3000 RPM.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:23 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Lotus 350: Thanks and you are a more patient man than I am. Good luck.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:11 AM
HotpepperS
4th Gear

Despite the few problems, all fixed by recalls and after 16 months of ownership, I absolutely LOVE my Cayenne S, by the way just don't tell my wife I'm having an affair!!!

P.S. Yes the day I bought my Cayenne S was the happiest day of my life, but remember that's also a secret!
Old 11-07-2004, 02:14 AM
Fogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

"-- outside temp off sometimes by 1 degree when comparing PCM to instrument cluster (they asked for this one by displaying it in two different places)"

I wonder if that's an artifact of rounding a Celsius calculated temp up or down into Fahrenheit. (hmmmmmm ... Driving temp?) Switch the dispaly to Celsius and see if the discrepancies go away.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jhunt@huntinter
Mudman2... what RR boards have you found? I have had a heck of a time finding a board with the level of membership like Rennlist is for Porsches.
http://www.norcalrover.org/
and generally googling around, using the newsgroups and car sites, but Rennlist and Pelican seem to reflect the Porsche enthusiast community. Rangie owners are enthusiasts died in the wool, but they're not well represented on the Web forums. More so overseas, especially older models ... not too many off-road holiday drivers take their US$100K Range Rover Supercharged and drive it through the bush with tree limbs grinding down the paint on the doors ... :|
Old 08-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Mosi
Track Day

I just chopped in my 05 Cayenne Turbo because it just isnt practical to run in the UK with SUL at about £1.00 per litre! (replaced with a 535d Sport Touring), however I can quite honestly say that in 14 years of driving and nearly 40 cars, that this car was one of the (if not THE) best built and reliable cars I have ever owned.

I have 2 friends who have had so many problems with their X5 4.8iS's that one of them has rejected his car and got a full refund from BMW GB after 6 months of ownership, and the other hasnt seen his car for nearly 3 months as its been getting fixed!!

Good luck with the X5
Old 08-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

I don't see how the price of fuel (even diesel versus petrol) could ever recoup the cost of moving from one expensive gas-guzzler to the next. Even if you moved to Prius, it would take a decade to balance the books.

The X5 is smaller and easier around town. The 5 Series is probably smarter again for around town. And a lot cheaper for equivalent specifications. But the Cayenne is capable off-road and towing. Quite different.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Mosi
Track Day

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I don't see how the price of fuel (even diesel versus petrol) could ever recoup the cost of moving from one expensive gas-guzzler to the next. Even if you moved to Prius, it would take a decade to balance the books.

The X5 is smaller and easier around town. The 5 Series is probably smarter again for around town. And a lot cheaper for equivalent specifications. But the Cayenne is capable off-road and towing. Quite different.
The Cayenne Turbo averaged 15.3 mpg over 10k miles, I am now averaging 32.1 mpg in the 535d over 2k miles so far (with similar performance too)

The CT also chomped through a whole set of tyres after 7k miles (another £1k)

Dont get me wrong, I loved the car, but I have the 996TT for fun, so just wanted painless and cost effective motoring for the family journeys with the young kids in the back.

I dont need off road capability.....I have had the following 4x4's and NEVER been up anything higher than a street curb! (Landcruiser, Lexus RX300, Range Rover Vogue, X5, Cayenne Turbo), and I dont need to tow anything either.

Dont get me wrong, I love the CT - it would of been nice to own an oil platform in the North Sea at the same time too.

Its ok for you American's, petrol is super cheap.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

You Americans? Are you French? : )

Anyhoot. While I'm not American, I do buy fuel in California. I'd not call it cheap in local measure because it's all gouge from the oil industry and the government.

The only thing I don't agree with in your decision to move from one car to the other is any justification in the price of a gallon of juice. Even a 20mpg advantage for 10,000 miles per annum is 500 gallons per year. Give or take the delta in price per gallon, that's still years to defray the cost to move from one car to the next.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Mosi
Track Day

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
You Americans? Are you French? : )

Anyhoot. While I'm not American, I do buy fuel in California. I'd not call it cheap in local measure because it's all gouge from the oil industry and the government.

The only thing I don't agree with in your decision to move from one car to the other is any justification in the price of a gallon of juice. Even a 20mpg advantage for 10,000 miles per annum is 500 gallons per year. Give or take the delta in price per gallon, that's still years to defray the cost to move from one car to the next.
My real agenda was to get something that I am less precious about for family useage, that a 4 year old and 1 year old can mess up a bit without me throwing a fit!

Free's up some cash to upgrade the 996TT and pay for the impending 997 Turbo

It was also doing my head in putting nearly £100 / US$150 in juice every other day as I was using the CT for work duties in the week.

Quick Reply: 2 Best days in a Cayenne owners life?