Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY05 - RETROFITTING SATELLITE RADIO?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004 | 04:47 PM
baileybonds
Instructor

Default MY05 - RETROFITTING SATELLITE RADIO?

Does anyone know for certain if its possible to retrofit Satellite Radio into a MY05 Cayenne? I have an 05 CS with PCM and there is a "SAT" button on the PCM which is inactive. Is this a software update issue (like retrofitting offroad nav) or is there actual hardware that needs to be installed? I have called a few local dealers in my area inquiring about this and they are all a bit clueless in terms of whether this is possible or not.

Does anyone know what the specifics are here?

Thanks,

Dave
Los Angeles
Old 10-22-2004 | 05:09 PM
Astolfo
4th Gear

it can be done. you need to wait until they get the TSB then they charge you a few hundred to activate it. Why does not porsche just activate all this is beyond me. yes it costs to develop but hell if you were able to get all these "additional" features "free" it would make the PCM and the Cayenne a lot more attractive!
but hell what do i know
Old 10-22-2004 | 07:43 PM
baileybonds
Instructor

So is all the necessary hardware, etc. already pre-wired in every 05 cayenne with PCM? there is no additional module needed? all of the wiring for the satellite antenna is already there in the rear spolier? if so, then i am excited to get it activated, but i find it hard to believe that porsche would do this, and then charge $900+ for an "activation" fee.

Quick Reply: MY05 - RETROFITTING SATELLITE RADIO?