Production Delays

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 08:04 PM
dsquared
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Production Delays

Hi
My early october build date has been pushed until early november with a january delivery

anyone know of possible problems? anyone else pushed?
cheers
Old 10-16-2004, 08:43 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Welcome to the Porsche factory, where they run out of this or that at various times. Most likely, you ordered an option that they just ran out of -- happens all the time. And you may not have heard the last of it, as when they get a fresh supply of what your vehicle needs, they may run out of another option that they have right now. Bottom line: You just can't win. Happened to me when I ordered a 996, and happened again when I ordered a Cayenne. With the Cayenne, I ended up cancelling my order and was lucky to find something close to my order on the web -- while it was still on the ship. Chances are that you could find something that's satisfactory on the web. Good luck. BTW, just got a letter from Porsche today that essentially says that my airbags are good ones, but they don't do exactly what is portrayed in the documentation -- something to the effect that there is no sensor that determines the strength of the airbag deployment. Too stupid.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:30 AM
dsquared
AutoX

i guess my expectations where tooo hight. i believe that porsche runs SAP in their factories so i assumed that german software + german company = 'the trains run on time' : i guess we are all human.
thanks
cheers
Old 10-17-2004, 11:16 PM
ozr
Racer

Talking

...yer, MB, BMW and PORSCHE AG run SAP, but people and beer are still the same...

...just americans work hard now...
...germans drink more beer now and have more holidays/vocations...

Old 10-18-2004, 04:15 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SAP is a great system, however, there are flaws as with any human designed system.

what likely happened with your order was, as phil mentioned, a shortage of a special part or major drivetrain part

Quick Reply: Production Delays