Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 500hp option from the Factory

As reported by Autoweek:
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=100831

Uber Cayenne: Porsche to offer 500-hp version of sport ute, bigger sunroof
DALE JEWETT | Automotive News
Posted Date: 9/14/04
Porsche Cayenne fans can start working on their holiday wish list now.

The German automaker said Tuesday that it will have a 500-horsepower version of the Cayenne sport wagon, as well as a bigger sunroof to catch the blur of scenery through, on sale in December.

The high-performance Cayenne is a turbo model that has its engine control computer reprogrammed and the turbocharger intercooler changed to improve airflow, under Porsche's Tequipment factory tuning program. The changes boost horsepower from the 4.5-liter V-8 engine by 11 percent to 500 hp, from 450 hp in the Cayenne Turbo. Torque increases 12 percent to 515 pounds-feet, from 460 pounds-feet.

Other changes include larger front and rear disc brake rotors, larger front brake calipers and stiffer suspension components.

Porsche says the tuned version of the Cayenne Turbo will run from 0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds and reach a top speed of 167 mph.

A 2005 Cayenne Turbo with the Tequipment package will have a suggested retail price of $110,015, including a $815 destination charge, a $19,900 premium over the Cayenne Turbo.

Current owners of the Cayenne Turbo can have their vehicles retrofitted with the Tequipment package for $18,500.

Through the first eight months of this year, Porsche has sold 11,420 Cayennes, up 52 percent from the same period last year.

A new option for all 2005 Cayennes is a 15-square-foot sunroof that extends over the front and second row seats. The glass roof has three moveable sections and one fixed section. The front section acts as wind deflector, while sections over the front seats or rear seats can be opened separately or together.

The option will cost $3,900.

Porsche also is offering a rear vision camera as an option on all Cayennes. The option mounts a camera below the rear window. The camera is activated when the transmission is shifted into reverse gear, with the view shown on a screen on the instrument panel.

The camera option is priced at $1,680, but also requires the Porsche Communication Management system option, which cost $2,780 for 2004 models in the base and S trim levels, but was standard equipment on the Turbo models

Last edited by Bill Coleman; 09-14-2004 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:47 PM
TheTKDKid
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the link. Finally I've got something I can point my dealer to. He just keeps telling me that he can't find any information on this kit.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:41 PM
nealM
Advanced

is the camera available right now? I think my car is a sept build so could I have the dealer add it to my option list? They said it should be here first week of October.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:06 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Boy that sounds sweeeettt!! I have got to figure out a way to sneak that one by my wife.
I just put on the Fabspeed bypass pipes. Now I feel like I'm riding a rocket to work. Can't imagine what the additional HP would feel like.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:58 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,176 Likes on 1,303 Posts

Originally Posted by Blade-MD
Boy that sounds sweeeettt!! I have got to figure out a way to sneak that one by my wife.
I just put on the Fabspeed bypass pipes. Now I feel like I'm riding a rocket to work. Can't imagine what the additional HP would feel like.

How about some feedback on the Fabspeed bypass pipes. What changes did you notice? Any improvement in the sound? These things are to damn quiet.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:49 PM
ngfan
Instructor

Official PAG pics of glass roof:

rear camera pics:

Old 09-15-2004, 11:45 PM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
How about some feedback on the Fabspeed bypass pipes. What changes did you notice? Any improvement in the sound? These things are to damn quiet.
The Fabspeed bypass pipes are great! Getting the old pipes off was really tough for me. It may of had something to do with the nuts being extra tight after driving the vehicle for 15k including snow, rain, etc. I tried to get several businesses to do it but was unsuccessful. While the sound is better, unless you are outside the vehicle you really won't hear the difference. I videotaped it before and after idling and revving in my driveway (similar to the P commercial). While there certainly is a difference the best part is the boost in power. Now I feel like I'm riding a rocket. Blastoff is 0630 every morning. Best $550 I have spent in a long time. I highly recommend getting these pipes and getting someone else to install them.

Quick Reply: 500hp option from the Factory