Sponsored by:

Need Advice with Exteneded Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Sammamish
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice with Exteneded Warranty

What are your thoughts on extended warranty for Cayenne?

Is extended warranty offered by dealer worth getting?
Do you guys generally carry extended warranty? What were reasons to/not to get it?
Old 09-08-2004, 05:14 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

I didn't buy it from my dealer (it was a rip off = about $6K with a $100.00 deduct). I bought it on the internet for 1/2 the price and $0.00 deduct! I haven't used it yet but it's there for my "peace of mind" (I could have kept the $ in my savings account too, but you never know).

Good Luck!
Old 09-09-2004, 02:24 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

I did get one through our local dealer here in Tacoma for $4700. I called the Bellevue dealership and was also given a quote of over 6k. I looked at other companies but none did business in Washington. Getting coverage for a vehicle with twin turbos can be challenging.
I purchased the extended warranty after I made my decision that I REALLY liked the vehicle and would keep it beyond the Porsche warranty period. My concerns are with the air suspension and the turbo chargers. Any repairs would be expensive. On a new model vehicle I really didn't want to take any chances. Plus I wanted to go through the dealership that handles all of my service.
The underwriter for the warranty is Warrantech Automotive out of Bedford Texas. It is a 7yr/100k policy.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:02 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

I did some research recently on the web, and couldn't find any policies for the CT. Could find them for the CS though.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:44 PM
bobdog
Track Day

Default Extended Warranty

As with all extended warranties, it depends on your financial status and risk taking comfort. They are generally poor investments and you would do better putting the money in a side account and paying repairs as you go. This is true only if you do this will all your cars over a lifetime. Any one car is a risk. Porsche repairs can be costly and these companies get a preferred rate no different that hospitals do with insurance companies.

All that said, because of the high costs of repairs, I did get a policy from the dealer $4300 as I recall. There is a per repair deductible which you have to consider as well as some items that you might believe to be covered that are not. Read the contract carefully and unless vast differences in price, buy from YOUR dealer as that is who you will deal with and who will most want to make things right. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Need Advice with Exteneded Warranty