Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Icelink iPod for PCM adapter

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 05:35 AM
Michael Cain
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So let me get this thing straight, will this thingy enable the PCM system in the Porsche 987 to view TV?
Old 12-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Twinned
Intermediate

Struggling with this one - it definitely seems too expensive. But with the changer not that robust, Dension's on-again, off-again, and not that much cheaper alternatives, I'm leaning towards having the NAV-TV unit installed. ABT (very reputable in Chicago area) estimates they can do it in 2 hours for $800. Now, if we could just get PCNA to update the damn Navteq disks . . .
Old 12-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Michael Cain
Instructor

I dont want an after market screen added.

Firstly, Bascially can you watch TV through the PCM unit? and how much?

Secondly what is the best was to link the PCM unit up to an ipod. i.e. so you can view/controll the ipod using the PCM system?

Anyideas?
Old 12-20-2006, 12:23 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Cain
Secondly what is the best was to link the PCM unit up to an ipod. i.e. so you can view/controll the ipod using the PCM system?

Anyideas?
Short answer, buy a BMW.......

Sorry but the external interfaces to the older PCM's are non-existent.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Twinned
Intermediate

Are you talking video or audio? If you look on Nav-TV site there is a new product called the OpiP which apparently works for controlling an iPod (audio) through the PCM interface. ABT had the tech from NAV-TV on the line, who indicated that it works perfectly when installed in place of the CD changer in the back of 2004 Cayenne TT. Front end / long runs are apparently problematic, however. I don't know about video - not really interested.

http://www.nav-tv.com/download/porsche/OPiP_User.pdf
Old 12-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Michael Cain
Instructor

Smile

Originally Posted by Twinned
Are you talking video or audio? If you look on Nav-TV site there is a new product called the OpiP which apparently works for controlling an iPod (audio) through the PCM interface. ABT had the tech from NAV-TV on the line, who indicated that it works perfectly when installed in place of the CD changer in the back of 2004 Cayenne TT. Front end / long runs are apparently problematic, however. I don't know about video - not really interested.

http://www.nav-tv.com/download/porsche/OPiP_User.pdf
Yes looks excellent, I would like to find out how much this unit costs in the UK.

Do you have a link for a dealer in the United Kingdom who can supply me with this unit? Alternativley how much does this cost in dollars?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Twinned
Intermediate

Sorry no idea who could do it in the UK. Price I was quoted was $600 for the hardware and $200 for installation (2 hours labor). Retailer told me I could probably even do it myself if I wanted to.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Gavinsm3
3rd Gear

Just want to say that I just had my Denison installed Friday in my Cayenne and love it. Had some issue with my installers, not the Dension and Eric from Bumperplugs.com was awesome. Great support!!! I recommend Denison and ordering from Bumperplugs.

Quick Reply: Icelink iPod for PCM adapter