Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering Module

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 07:16 AM
Josh Warner
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's cool and I agree that most are probably made by one company. Where is the H&R unit available? Do you know the price. How easy to DIY, if you know?
Old 09-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I can tell you that the Sportec unit was designed, built and tested inhouse. I know cause I was there so was my wife. We went through the whole process with them.
Their unit allows you to lower by up to 40 mm but it has a built in feature which raises you again as you approach certain speeds maintaining stability at high speed.
Sportec have done a huge amount of handling and high speed testing with the Cayenne not just with the engine (capable of over 850 HP reliably) but with suspension and braking to make sure the whole package is safe.
Sportec are (without letting any secrets out of the bag) developing a plan to launch their products in the USA.
If there are any Cayenne owners who are seriously interested in "Sportec Products" now please let me know.
Sportec certainly do a lot of testing and take their work very seriously and nothing gets out the door without all the proper steps being carried out.
I am not employed by Sportec either. I help them out and co-operate in a number of projects, some of which are my idea but to put it bluntly "I do not make any money out of this". Any benefits in the future will actually be directed towards "The Natalie Louise Streather" charities.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
GT-2

PS. I have just got back from the Porsche meet at Interlaken. The Cayennne owners were there in some numbers.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:56 PM
bancu
Racer

Default More wasted power?

Originally Posted by Adrian
If there are any Cayenne owners who are seriously interested in "Sportec Products" now please let me know.
Has Sportec addressed the Cayenne's hesitation problem? Porsche can't seem to get a handle on this. Owning a CT I have to say that more power without addressing this issue is just more wasted power.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 88 Posts

Has anyone had any negative effects from using a lowering module?
I asked my salesman about it and he made it sound like it was a mistake to use one. But they look so cool especially with larger wheels.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Dear Bancu,
In a word "yes" they have. However you must remember that Sportec tune Porsches including Cayennes. The Sportec ECU team and engine team are geniuses. Their leader and company founder is a magician but you have to see him work to believe it.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
GT-2
Old 09-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Josh Warner
Rennlist Member

Hey Adrian, That sounds great. I've been all over the internet looking for prices and data on the Sportec Mono 10 Deep wheels in 22" for my Cayenne Turbo. I'd love to learn more about the company and their products but it seems most available info is in German. More informartion would be great.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:55 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Dear Josh,
The English translation of the web site is underway. It has been stalled a little bit because the company contracted to do the translation did literal translations. I was asked to look at it and let me just say the presented result was deemed unacceptable. Corrections are underway but it is a huge task as you can imagine.
I shall be attending the open days on 11th and 12th of September and we have a few meetings planned for the 10th.
I shall make Sportec aware that they should place increased priority on Cayenne product explanations for the US market.
What tyres are available in the USA for 22 inch wheels?
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
GT-2
Old 09-04-2004, 07:39 PM
Josh Warner
Rennlist Member

Hey Adrian,

There is a great selcetion of high performance tires available. Check out this link to Tire Rack

I am really wanting some 22" wheels for my truck. I've found many that I like, I know I want forged, lightweight and strong. But my tastes are all over the place, they all look so good to me. I think the Sportec are the cleanest and perhaps my favorites in the looks department. I don't know how much they weigh but they are so good looking.

I've just called in a favor from a friend of mine who does PR for Auto related business's and asked him to try and get me some wheels for free in exchange for photos with any of a number of celebrities next to and in the car. I may even be able to trade a bracelet (I make jewelry) for a set of the Champion 22's with a driver who is connected to them and loves my stuff. Either way I'd be very happy.

What are the open days? Are you going to a track?
Old 09-04-2004, 07:42 PM
Josh Warner
Rennlist Member

There are more tires than just those two, it depends on the widths you're looking for but there are quite a few.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:04 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Dear Josh,
The open days are at the firma (company) facilities. There are no race tracks in Switzerland, they were banned in 1956 and all efforts since to reverse this decision have failed.
Getting back to the Cayenne. Have any of these 22 inch tyres been tested on a Cayenne?
One of the lessons learned with the Cayenne and the GT-2 (fitted with Sportec 19 inch wheels) is that the larger diameter tyres are very influential in the handling department especially at higher speeds.
I believe as does Sportec that some additional testing needs to be carried out in the USA with tyres on the Cayenne. One small problem is getting the tyre manufacturers to co-operate but it is being worked on.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
GT-2
Old 09-06-2004, 10:09 AM
Josh Warner
Rennlist Member

Hi Adrian, sorry to hear about that. Let me know the next time you're in Los Angeles, we have some beautiful tracks out here and I'll give you a tour.

On the 22's tires, they have been engineered for SUV-type autos so I have little doubt abou their capabilities with regard the the loads placed on them under normal driving conditions. I do agree that they will have considerable influence on the handling characteristics of the vehicle. Also, as many of us Porsche fans tend to dirve closer to the limits, I also agree that considerable testing should be done. I know these tires have been in use for more than a year and there are literally dozens of Cayennes in this area alone that are donned with 22's. It's my best guess that any tire manufacturer would balk at the idea that they had not done ample testing prior to releasing their product to the market. I would expect no cooperation whatsoever. If your friends at Sportec would like to provide me with the wheels, tires and parameters, I'd be glad to be a test pilot, on and off the track.

Do let me know as you get more data on the availability of Sportec products in the States, especially for the Cayenne Turbo. The are terrribly scarce out here.

Best,

JW
Old 09-06-2004, 11:16 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Dear Josh,
You can bet on it
I will also pass on your offer to Sportec. They may also be looking for a candidate for an SP600 conversion in the USA. It will be done at a very special price. Not free I might add but a very special rate just the same.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
GT-2
Old 09-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Josh Warner
Rennlist Member

That's great Adrian, just keep me posted.

JW
Old 09-08-2004, 03:57 AM
woogiedaxel
Instructor

You can go to www.hrsprings.com # 29244-1 $1,695.00 is MSRP and you can find all day long people who offer discount on H&R. Plus you live in LA, there are countless number of shops that can give you discounts. You live in the mecca of the US aftermarket auto industry Josh.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:17 AM
Josh Warner
Rennlist Member

Thanks,

I didn't think to check the obvious regarding the H&R kit, I certainly could have gone to their website. I only asked as you suggested H&R and figured that the data, posted here, would help others as well.

Now that I know the price of the H&R module I'm back to my original consideration regarding all available units I'm aware of; it seems like an exceedingly over-priced device.

Quick Reply: Lowering Module