Sponsored by:

Side Light Error

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 11:28 PM
bobdog
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Side Light Error

I am curious if others have seen this problem. Intermittently, when I park the vehicle and get out the light warning buzzer goes off. It appears that either the right or left side lights remains on. It is always just one of the lights and never both but occurs with either. Once it happens, they cannot be manually turned off with the light switch. Putting the key back into the ignition does not help, turning the ignition on makes no difference nor does putting it into gear. It will not time out and go off either, making this a risk to run the battery dead if it occurs when I park at the airport. I must move drive the car around and try to turn it off again to get it to turn the light off.

It only happens about 1-2 times a week, never seems to happen twice in a row and of course never happens at the dealer.

I have an S with bi xenon, air suspension and nav if that makes any difference. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:23 AM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Return the turn signal lever to the center position. It is some Euro thing, where the side lamps are illuminated, with the vehicle off and the lever off-center.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:31 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 269 Posts

Side light error and the Air Bag error just this past weekend.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:28 PM
VinMar911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Air bag error this weekend on the CS loaner, mine is still in the shop. 2 weeks and counting but I have already put 2k miles on it.

Quick Reply: Side Light Error