Sponsored by:

2004 Cayenne S Cd wiring.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 08:50 PM
deons
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Cayenne S Cd wiring.

Guys I have seen all the discussions around the MOST connections. I recently bought a slightly used 2004. Going through the vehicle there appears to be a bracket and a connection (with sponge around it) in the rear compartment where the hazard triangles and medical kit is. This bracket appears to be for a CD player. Is this vehicle pre-wired?.

Thanks in advanced.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:30 PM
deons
Instructor

Heres is an image of what I am discussing.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:37 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

deons,
All Cayennes leave the factory capable of accepting a CDChanger (CDC4). Given the fact that the audio content and control is passed via plastic fiber optic (MOST), prewired is an odd term!

When you buy the changer/kit from your Porsche dealer or Gert at www.carnewal.com:
http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p013.htm
it comes with a fiber optic connector which allows you to connect the changer to the ring, along with brackets, screws, etc.

In your picture, the Bose MOST DSP amplifier is on top; the changer bolts in below. Fairly straight forward install.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:54 PM
deons
Instructor

Lewis,

Thanks for the feedback. I don't understand your comment that the DSP amplifier is on top as I see nothing above the bracket,
but I trust your judgement and will see what I need to hook this up.

Thanks.

Deon.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:49 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Deons,
In your picture, you can see the empty space where the CDChanger will be mounted.
Above it, you see the bottom of the audio amplifier; you can see 2 white labels on the bottom electronics cover of the amp.
I only mentioned it, in case you were wondering where the audio amplifier was.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:34 AM
deons
Instructor

Lewis,

Thanks for the reponse. I am a tad ignorant when it comes to Porsche /Bose sound systems. There again I am ignorant concerning sound systems other than to listen. What is the significance of the Bose Amplifier in the spare wheel compartment. (surround sound?). Am I then to assume the amplifier above the CD player is some pre-amp before output to the amp in the spare tyre compartment.

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:38 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Deons,
The amplifier is a MOST based 7 channel (8 actually) DSP amplifier. It is not a preamp, since it does provide powered speaker outputs on 7 of the 8 channels.
The amplifier has been 'tuned' to match the speakers and interior accoustics of the Cayenne; this tuning/equalization coefficients are stored in memory.
It provides for 'surround', as the Cayenne does have a center channel speaker in the dash and the DSP can produce a center channel fill from a stereo source.
It drives the speakers directly (with some pasive crossovers at the speakers where necessary) and as you correctly noted, also drives the powered bass driver in the spare tire compartment.

The same Bose/DSP amplifier is used on all MY03+ Porsches, the Audi A8L and the Mercedes Maybach (although all different amplfiier software/tuning coefficients stored)

Quick Reply: 2004 Cayenne S Cd wiring.