Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Contradiction.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 08:45 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Seriously now, if you have the bug, you understand that purchasing any Porsche is not a rational decision. Purchasing a Porsche is a decision based on passion and choice.

I live outside NYC and find the CT to be the most versatile vehicle available. I test drove everything from 98 targas to MB E55's, M5's, RS6's, 745Li's, X5's and A8's amongst others. The CT is the perfect urban assault vehicle. Drive it like a sedan or tap into the tiptronic and bring up the revs and you will find a true Porsche breaths under the hood. If you need to consult consumer guides to purchase a car this is not the car for you. However, if you want a perfectly rounded all purpose vehicle that does about anything you can imagine well, then there is no substitute.

Try it you will love it, I guarantee it. I just took my 3.6T on a 100 mile cruise I have driven several times in the past few weeks in the CT, although I made better time, I have to admit it was more tedious and less enjoyable then the CT. For the track the 3.6T or GT3 is the only way to go. For the street the CT is my new favorite, it has all the feel of a 911 and the usefulness of an SUV. What else can you say?

Adrian, the Sportec SP600 must be amazing. Would love to learn more about it.

I will have to admit a single drive does not do it. One must really accumulate some mileage to understand this vehicles full potential. Although I need both to keep me happy.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:32 AM
Arun
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some one touched on it earlier. If you like the Cayenne S and decide to load it up because that is the way you want it. You will find you are very close to the price of the Cayenne Turbo. And for me it is worth paying the difference and have the Turbo instead of just a loaded Cayenne S. I think once you step back and look at the Turbo versus the S it is very clear Turbo all the way. And I like the loophole. Besides as a lot of you have said there is nothing like having power. If you can afford it enjoy it after all it is your money. If you have the cash but choose not to then that is up to you as well. But lets face facts there is no reason to buy and own the sport cars we all own that we comment on this list about. We do because we have an interest in the way Porsche builds cars, the way it makes us feel when we drive it, look at it or whatever is your personal reason. After all it is your individual choice and enjoy life. Cheers
Old 09-05-2004, 04:51 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Anthony,
Watch this space. I think you will be learning quite a bit more about the SP600 in the coming months,
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
GT-2

Quick Reply: Contradiction.