Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Vibrations Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 06:36 PM
BenLee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mudman and GM Austin. The tires were purchased and installed (incl. balancing) at Wheel Works (also called Tires Plus). Though I did move to another size tire, I went to a store location I've never been to before. I'll bring it in as soon as I get a break at work, whenever that happens.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

BenLee

Did wheel Works use road force balance? (and alignment)? I had tires put on my 997 in the San Mateo shop & they didn't have the equipment.

Danaustin

I've had tires that rode out of balance and I had thumping - not vibration.

I had the problem on my S (w 18's w PASM). Inside edge of front passenger tire had excessive wear. Had tires replaced, road force align & bal, no more vibes.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:09 PM
BenLee
Instructor

So far, everything seems fine. It turns out that the Wheel Works I went to for the original installation & balancing and rebalancing a 2nd time had problems with their Accubalance machine. It needs to be recalibrated. Went to another Wheel Works recommended by the dealer and the vibration issue is gone. I'm a happy man again.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:59 AM
64lusso
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just took my wife's S out last night, first time I have driven it since it was road force balanced and the vibration has now gone away. The report said three tires were out of balance and several had to be dismounted and rotated on the rims to get them right. This sounds like a little more effort than just adding wieghts but maybe it's SOP for road force balancing? This is on a 6/03 built S with air suspension, variable ratio steering and the standard 18" wheels. This car was a demonstrator and had about 1300 miles on it when we bought it has almost 4000 now.

Quick Reply: Bad Vibrations Part 2