Sponsored by:

&*%$# Remote Key Clicker??

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 10:31 AM
redcar1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question &*%$# Remote Key Clicker??

I'm sure I should be able to find all this in the manual, but my remote clicker is driving me crazy. Half the time, I end up locking when I'm trying to unlock. Then trying to unlock all the doors is an enormous exercise in frustation!

Am I just being impatient or does this thing "lock up" if you push it too much or too quickly. I have to say it seems very counterintuitive and doesn't communicate what the heck is going on.

Any tips on making this thing more user friendly? Thanks a million!

Mark McKenzie
Old 07-17-2004, 11:22 AM
GM Austin
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same feeling. I tried different preferences until I found one that I thought was the least confusing (I am easily confused). I have it set to unlock all doors with one click and a horn beep when I lock. That has helped.

Preferences are accessed with the turn signal stalk and seen in the instrument cluster display. Select MAIN MENU>SETTINGS>COMFORT>DOOR OPENING. Under DOORS select ALL and under SIGNAL select HORN.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Lotus350
Advanced

Hello,

I had the same problem with my car. I too ended up locking/unlocking of all doors because haft the time, I don't know what is locked or unlock.

Also, I found out last night, through my good friend Mav, that if you press the key remote too fast, it will not work right. On my car, if I press it once to lock, then immediately press it again to unlock, the car will not respond. It will just trying to lock vs unlock. However, if I wait for a few seconds between each "press", it seems to work OK.

Just one of those things about this truck I guess.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:52 PM
bjwebster
Instructor

When you lock your Cay, the first click locks it, if you immediately press lock again, it turns off the interior motion detectors, but leaves the car locked so that you can lock the car, but leave someone, or a dog or something in the car without the alarm being set off by the motion detector.

So you have to wait a few seconds after locking the car to unlock it, or you will just tell the car to turn off the alarm instead of just unlocking it.

I wish the sidemarker light was a blinker so that when your beside the car, you could see it blink and know what your doing. I think the Horn is a must, so you know the car is locked.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:52 PM
GM Austin
Pro

if I press it once to lock, then immediately press it again to unlock, the car will not respond.
Right! I think there is about a two second window where a second click will deactivate the alarm but not unlock the doors. The LED on the door flashes rapidly during this two second period. After the LED goes to a slower flash, a second click unlocks the door(s).
Old 07-18-2004, 09:17 AM
1988carrera
Instructor

We had similar problem with the remote and initially the tech replaced the battery and the problems persisted with one key -so the dealer ordered a new key. The second key is working fine after battery change. ( I hope the battery is not going to run out every 2 months - P car special!!)
Old 07-19-2004, 10:36 AM
NSXTC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There's a TSB to rewire the antenna for the remotes. I've had this done and it went from 30% success rate to about 90%. However, a few weeks later, it went back to where I was having the 30% success rate again. The dealer rechecked everything and will be ordering me two new fobs to see if it it'll fix the problems

Quick Reply: &*%$# Remote Key Clicker??