Sponsored by:

RejeX Group Buy Discount!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 11:43 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 962 Likes on 586 Posts

Put it on the wheels before a 800 mile round trip to Road America. They bead nicely but the brake dust almost smears when trying to clean off with just water with a hose at the hotel. Definitely did NOT just come off with a blast of water unfortunately. Doesn't seem to work any differently than a good coat of wax...
Old 08-09-2004, 02:28 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Agree skl, but it does not stick like its baked on. Wax may be the same except for the high temperature performnce of Rejex which is designed for Gas Turbine exhaust (Jet) temperatures.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:09 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

skl

the lowdown on the brake dust issue is,,,
RejeX will prevent 90-95% of the accumulation of brake dust. what little does stick will not (as mentioned above) be baked on requiring acids or lots of mechanical advantage (scrubbing) to remove. if it smears when easily wiping it off, then that's a small price to pay for it coming off without busting your knuckles with a bristle brush.

also, RejeX will perform better if you wipe it off your wheels extremely well. the only other time i had a call back from a customer about brake dust is when he didn't wipe it off well enough. i advised a re-wipe would resolve it, but to call me back if he still wasn't happy. i never heard back so i guess he's pleased with the result.

please call me if you have any questions or would like to talk about your specific application.

thanks,
barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
Old 08-10-2004, 02:56 AM
DEETZ22
Racer

Barry: I emailed you the other day and thanks for the quick response. Sorry I had no chance to call you yet but I will order one tomorrow, I will let you know on the result as soon as I put them on my tips and wheels.

^^
Old 08-10-2004, 02:00 PM
DEETZ22
Racer

Just ordered a bottle, Barry is a very nice guy! I can't wait to put it on the tips and wheels!! I will post pictures before and after as soon as my parts arrive ^^
Old 08-13-2004, 11:10 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 962 Likes on 586 Posts

Seems to work better now after a couple cleanings- maybe I did need to wipe it off more the first time. Really beads now. Just did the exhaust tips on the CS and GT3 and my son's TT (Audi that is..) Before the winter I think we'll do that HUGE rear exhaust on the CS- almost looks like an aluminum brush guard from the back!
Old 08-14-2004, 02:27 AM
DEETZ22
Racer

Barry: thanks alot! I have the RejeX already. I will have time to play with it in the weekend as my summer class just end. I will give it a try and if it works well, I will get some more bottles from you so I can give it to my drivers to use them on our cars. Thanks again and it came on time.

Quick Reply: RejeX Group Buy Discount!!!