Link....

Password: pcna
Old 07-07-2004, 10:40 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

OMG !!!!!

What *****.

I think we need to start a letter writing campaign.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My CS has no, none, nada, zip, zero vibration in the steering wheel (on 22" techarts). Inasmuch as such vibration is a "normal charactersistic of the Cayenne S," should one ask a dealer to introduce some vibration to normalize a CS? Is a CS without vibration an anamoly? It is interesting that PCNA refernced only the CS. I didn't realize that the absence of vibration was a TT option.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

I meant anomaly!!!
Old 07-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Lotus350
Advanced

Wow...with a letter like that, sound like Porsche is admitting that C-S has a design issue. And, I agree, the writer of the letter has ***** to put that on paper. Not to get nastly about it, but letters like this one may easily end up in court files one day...especially in light of the last paragraph, inviting the owner to litigate the matter.

Peter
Old 07-08-2004, 06:58 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay:

How many out there with Cayenne's get some steering wheel vibration between 65-75 mph??? And worst yet, it can be intermittent...

Note: I have the 19" Cayenne wheels. Don't know if that makes a difference or not....
Old 07-09-2004, 08:35 AM
EPV
Intermediate

What a shameful attitude! I have had no encounters with PCNA, and judgeing by that letter, hope I never do. This really underlines the importance of finding a good serviceing dealer.

I am now in a quandry. I have an 04 CS (9000 miles) with no abnormal tire wear and absolutely 0 (NONE!) vibration at ANY speed or on ANY road surface. My quandry is that while I have changed over from summers to snows and back to summers (that's 2 balances NOT roadforce) I still experience a very vibration free smooth ride at all sustained speeds up to 90 mph. (I HAVE NOT HAD THE UNDER 200 MPH ALIGNMENT RECOMMENDED AS I DID NOT EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT)
Frankly, now I am afraid to get it as I may just be lucky that my CS "came through" assembly unusually well aligned.

Advice please! I am NOT kidding as vibration is a personal "can't live with it" hot button.
As to a letter writing campaign I think that is a great idea in helping to change attitudes. WHAT ABOUT A PETITION-TYPE WHERE ALL SIGN THE SAME DOCUMENT AND COPY THE POWERS IN GERMANY? Just a thought.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:48 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by EPV
As to a letter writing campaign I think that is a great idea in helping to change attitudes. WHAT ABOUT A PETITION-TYPE WHERE ALL SIGN THE SAME DOCUMENT AND COPY THE POWERS IN GERMANY? Just a thought.
I'm all for that...maybe if their major repeat buyers pool together and demand a fix or else, they will listen...

Thank god my GT3 doesn't have issues...
Old 07-10-2004, 08:14 AM
EPV
Intermediate

I suggest we "draft" Mudman2 of this board to head this "campaign" up and coordinate the effort (whatever it may be.)
While there are many capable contributors to this board, none have come close to Mudman2's contributions and knowledge of the Cayenne. He really keeps this board and the Roadfly board professional and very useful. Add to that the fact that he actually got an email address to the techies at PCNA (a major feat, I think!) I think he would be the best candidate.
What do you all think? Mudman2: Would you be willing?
Old 07-10-2004, 08:20 AM
EPV
Intermediate

PS
Good "slant" on this regards REPEAT buyers.
I have had a 944 Turbo, a Boxster and currently there is a 2004 Cayenne S and a 2004 996 (C2) in my family.
I am sure that there are many with a far greater number of "repeat" buys.
If they don't listen to their "core" they are really in trouble. I think they will listen as they didn't get to where they are not listening.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:06 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have no problem with that in fact I have already tried to get in touch with Atlanta, in their usual fashion they "may" call back. I am also going to ask my dealer to get the Northern Rep to confirm the stance taken.

Diff--- can you check at your end ?
Old 07-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Pcar Squared
Instructor

In my opinion the leader of this effort should be the forum member that has the most knowledge and best contacts at PCNA. For these reasons I would agree that Mudman2 would also be my first vote. Obviously I am willing assist in any manner appropriate.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:54 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

I have no such vibration problem in my TT with either my original equipment 20" factory wheels, or my 18" Turbo wheels that I got on ebay. I feel really fortunate that I have no problems because I know what it's like to have non-fixable problems. Many year ago -- early 80's I had a 320i with the 's' option, and it had a vibration problem in the steering. I was told that the design of the steering was so precise that vibration was normal. I had the tires trued and rebalanced, at my expense, with no luck. I got tired of it and sold it. That letter is real BS, and could be a very useful document in arbitration or in court. I believe that the problem could be fixed if Porsche put some effort into it.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:02 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Well I am going in for my first alignment after 19K miles and brand new tires. We shall see if my vibration from 65-75 mph is resolved...
Old 07-24-2004, 01:54 PM
SYMA
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would drive your Cayenne right through the front door of PCNA in Atlanta with that letter taped to the steering wheel.

Quick Reply: PCNA Characteristic Vibration Letter Posted