Sponsored by:

Air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2024 | 04:20 PM
willb13
4th Gear

Default Air suspension

Hi, new here

I have a 2003 cayenne S 9pa model. The front left air suspension purges its air when car is off and lowers.
When the car is on the air suspension works ok, lowers and raises as it should.

I intermittently get the orange 'air suspension fault, workshop' error message but if I restart the car the error is gone.

I have tested for Leaks and I can't find any, not feeling taking apart the full compressor as the issue is just with one corner.

Im wondering if the issue lies with the levelling sensor or it needs re-calibrating?

Has anyone had any similar issues or know the fix?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-09-2024 | 03:09 PM
CaptJim
Racer

Originally Posted by willb13
Hi, new here

I have a 2003 cayenne S 9pa model. The front left air suspension purges its air when car is off and lowers.
When the car is on the air suspension works ok, lowers and raises as it should.

I intermittently get the orange 'air suspension fault, workshop' error message but if I restart the car the error is gone.

I have tested for Leaks and I can't find any, not feeling taking apart the full compressor as the issue is just with one corner.

Im wondering if the issue lies with the levelling sensor or it needs re-calibrating?

Has anyone had any similar issues or know the fix?

Thanks in advance!

I am currently working on a problem with my air suspension and also have a thread running on this forum. Because it is one wheel that is having an issue I would guess that the check valve that is on the suspension bellows or the one shock itself is the issue. I have seen some check valve videos and threads here on this forum. You need a special socket to change it.
Old 09-09-2024 | 03:17 PM
willb13
4th Gear

Originally Posted by CaptJim
I am currently working on a problem with my air suspension and also have a thread running on this forum. Because it is one wheel that is having an issue I would guess that the check valve that is on the suspension bellows or the one shock itself is the issue. I have seen some check valve videos and threads here on this forum. You need a special socket to change it.
Hi,
Do you have a link to your thread? I couldn't find a thread about the air suspension so it would be good if I could go through it or join the thread.

I'm currently looking into the possibility of the issue being with the sensor. I have tested it and the compressor seems fine, no noises and no delay. There doesn't seem to be any leak from the strut or valve and the issue is only intermittent.
I'll change the sensor or the sensor linkage to start with and go from there and hope the issue is resolved from there.
Old 09-09-2024 | 04:42 PM
jeff spahn
Rennlist Member

I had a similar problem. Took it to the dealer when I couldn't solve it. Was a check valve. Fixed now and works fine.
The following users liked this post:
willb13 (09-12-2024)
Old 09-20-2024 | 02:22 PM
willb13
4th Gear

I have now noticed that my air suspension will not raise all the way up and then when I try I get the 'not permissible' message and shortly after I get the 'air suspension fault, workshop' message. Any ideas on what the issue is?

Quick Reply: Air suspension