Sponsored by:

LED Trailer 7 Blade RV Connector/Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2024, 09:33 PM
miklav
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Trailer 7 Blade RV Connector/Adapter

2004 Cayenne Base model with factory trailer wire harness. Anyone recommend an adapter with connect Cayenne wire harness to 7 blade RV connector that ill work with a LED trailer lights. I have a Pollak 11839P but it doesn't work with the LED trailer lights. Respectfully, Mike
Old 07-25-2024, 10:17 PM
theprf
Race Car

Received 1,907 Likes on 1,213 Posts

IMO it's easier to replace the towing module with one that is LED compatible. They can be had on ebay for less than $50.
Old 08-01-2024, 12:46 PM
Vachsen
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Adapter for LED Trailer Lights

Originally Posted by miklav
2004 Cayenne Base model with factory trailer wire harness. Anyone recommend an adapter with connect Cayenne wire harness to 7 blade RV connector that ill work with a LED trailer lights. I have a Pollak 11839P but it doesn't work with the LED trailer lights. Respectfully, Mike
You can get an adapter to plug into the Pollak adapter (or any 7-pin connector) to make it work with LEDs.

There is a version available at Uhaul locations (and online) for about $20. These have a 4-pin connector on the output if I remember correctly. Look for the “European” adapter. It sounds like this adapter is not the right one for you as you need a 7-pin trailer receptacle.

The old trailer modules in Porsches (and VAG)would not operate unless there was enough load that incandescent lights offer. The adapter has resistors that load the output to make it operate with LEDs.

You can make an adapter by creating a “T” to an incandescent bulb in parallel or use a low value resistor (with an ample wattage rating).
Old 08-01-2024, 02:14 PM
76FJ55
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Vachsen
You can get an adapter to plug into the Pollak adapter (or any 7-pin connector) to make it work with LEDs.

There is a version available at Uhaul locations (and online) for about $20. These have a 4-pin connector on the output if I remember correctly. Look for the “European” adapter. It sounds like this adapter is not the right one for you as you need a 7-pin trailer receptacle.

The old trailer modules in Porsches (and VAG)would not operate unless there was enough load that incandescent lights offer. The adapter has resistors that load the output to make it operate with LEDs.

You can make an adapter by creating a “T” to an incandescent bulb in parallel or use a low value resistor (with an ample wattage rating).
I have this adaptor and it works well , but I don't know that it is the right solution for you. this adaptor converts it from 7 round to 4 flat and allows the use of LEDs, but if your trailer needs the 7 round (trailer brakes...) then the Uhaul adaptor won't suffice.
Old 08-05-2024, 12:56 AM
na2ub
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure on the 7 blade to 7 round, but I just had to struggle with this for a U-haul tailer. I had to get the 7 blade to 4 flat adapter that was led compatible. I ended up getting a 7 blade to 4 or 5 flat, that worked perfect.
CURT 57004 LED-Compatible 7-Way RV Blade Vehicle-Side to 4-Way Flat Trailer-Side Trailer Wiring Adapter , Black

They did have an adapter at uhaul but it did not work. I don't recall it being a 'european' model, however, I will say that it was very low quality compared to the less expensive Curt adapter I ended up getting, which was rigid plastic rather than the soft rubbery one uhaul had.

Last edited by na2ub; 08-05-2024 at 12:58 AM.

Quick Reply: LED Trailer 7 Blade RV Connector/Adapter