Cayenne VR6 long fuel injector stuck

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2024, 04:31 PM
rickscarrera4
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne VR6 long fuel injector stuck

Hello all
I have a 2008 Cayenne VR6 with 125K miles. The car presented the symptoms of a failed HPFP and a failed PCV valve membrane. With the help of my manuals and especially youtube videos I removed the intake manifold and the valve cover to replace the PCV membrane. With the engine laid bare it is clear the intake valves are carboned up. with a combination of walnut blasting, carb cleaner and picking, the valves are clean. Using a fuel injector removal/rebuild kit I have removed, cleaned, resealed and reinstalled the lower rail fuel injectors.

There are no videos dealing with the 'far' side cylinders/fuel injectors, maybe because they are difficult to deal with? While attempting removal of the first of three 'far' side upper rail fuel injectors I had no idea this injector has an extension that uses a 'tab' to connect the extension to the fuel injector. This 'tab' has failed and allowed separation from the fuel injector which is stuck in the cylinder. There is one video of a person that utilized the 'tab' with a setup of 'nuts and bolts' and I have tried this without success. I am even wondering about drilling it out?
I am hopping to receive suggestions on what might be the best or at least a workable suggestion, short of removing the head-god forbid.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Rick

Quick Reply: Cayenne VR6 long fuel injector stuck