Sponsored by:

"system fault workshop" with orange key symbol on instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Liam john
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question "system fault workshop" with orange key symbol on instrument cluster

At start up once car is running (03 Cayenne 4.5L) the instrument cluster shows the message "system fault workshop" in orange with a key symbol above. It disappears after about 5 seconds. The car runs and drives well. From the research I have done over the last few weeks, it leads me to believe that I need to have it plugged into PIWIS to determine where the fault is in the KESSY system....? my OBDII reads most of the cars functions but not the KESSY obviously. Im in Melbourne Australia and wonder if anyone knows a local Indi shop or forum member who might be able to help me diagnose the fault please? (I fear i will have to take it into Porsche unfortunately to be plugged in to PIWIS)

A bit of backstory for context: when I bought the car at the start of the year, the key supplied was defective ("immobiliser active" was all I got when trying to start the car) so i had a locksmith program a new key which worked at starting the car. He informed me that the old key was "dead".

Notes to consider-

-I have had several alarms go off in the last few months randomly (I have read that this could be connected to an issue with the front hood latch sensor?)

-Battery was flat when i purchased the car but is fully charged and tests say its in good condition

- wire connections under left side carpet have been checked and appear to have no corrosion

- sunroof and AC drains have been checked and cleared

Thanks in advance for any help!

Liam

Quick Reply: "system fault workshop" with orange key symbol on instrument cluster