Sponsored by:

2004 Cayenne V6 transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2024, 08:42 AM
St2839
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jfrahm
The jump pack idea is decent but we don't know if it'd crutch a bad starter that's causing a big drain or something.
Load testing the battery might be the next step, I have had some that charge up nice but faceplant under load. A shop might have a load tester they can put on it quickly. If you have the power liftgate that can be used as a load test.
However your "buy a battery" idea is likely reasonable. Unfortunately they are big batteries and expensive. I appreciate the voltage data.
Just to provide an update, my partner took the car out for some chores on Friday and when she came back everything was working as it should apart from an orange exclamation mark! I checked the warnings on the dashboard menu and nothing, scanned the car and no new faults but the four wheel drive was working and no slow cranking on start up - I couldn't believe it! She could well be a Witch. However, I took the car to my local Halfords Autocentre where they load tested the battery and found it was 33% at capacity so this morning I bought and installed a new battery. I'll put the link below (for anyone interested) but I got a Yuasa 020 5000 series that is 110ah and 950cca and paid £120, which I felt was good value compared to other quotes I received of £250-£350.

After installing the new battery, the traction light appeared on the dash (I'm literally crying at this point now!) but I took it out for a quick drive and it soon disappeared. I must say, with a new battery, it's like a whole new car! Throttle response is better and no "four wheel drive system faulty" so for now this seems to be fixed (touch wood). I'll update in a weeks time just to confirm it's still good but huge thank you for everyones help!

Now to try and sort the hand-brake shoes that are scraping the onside rear!

https://www.gsfcarparts.com/parts/ca...xoC5vwQAvD_BwE
Old 07-15-2024, 09:28 AM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 112 Posts

Thanks for the follow-up! Sounds like we need to remember to load test batteries and replace them if they get even a little bit iffy.

Quick Reply: 2004 Cayenne V6 transmission issues