Sponsored by:

Launch Icarscan Boost Interpretation

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 11:44 PM
Corvetteboy6988
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Launch Icarscan Boost Interpretation

Can someone help me better interpret these boost plots? This is from a Launch ICARSCAN. Its in inches of mercury, and you have to subtract the current barometric pressure from it (this day it was 29.7, or maybe I should subtract the lowest value, 27.62 at the bottom of the graph and the nominal listed in the box, when not boosting).
Im not familiar with this output along with the graph, its weird.
The boost values on the y axis jump all over, and the peak on the plot doesnt align with the peak value on the y axis.
X axis is time.
What am I missing here?
The 1st plot was a second gear pull from a stop, not sure what RPM I got to, but not more than 5000 is my guess.
so what peak boost did I hit?
The highest valueis on the yaxis is 60.12 (60.12-27.62 = 1.1bar,) or its it the 47.94 at the graph peak?
ICARSCAN is useful, but it sucks for stuff too. If I were to make another pull, the peak on the plot would be even higher, its kinda like it keeps building on the previous (see my second pic that has multiple pulls one after the other)..
I just recently added a FVD tune and im trying to confirm the boost.
Im pegging the stock gauge at 0.8bar in all gears but 1st, per FVD it should be around 1.1 bar now, and if I pull the highest value off these plots, even though not at ther peak of the graph, im right at the 1.1, except in 1st gear, per my gauge im not even hitting 0.8, so I'm trying too confirm actual boost not read the gauge, to ask FVD if this is normal for 1st gear (which from previous/existing turbo cars can occur cause the time to boost and the low load in 1st gear doesn't allow for max boost.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Launch Icarscan Boost Interpretation