Sponsored by:

Check This Out!! <---

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 10:09 PM
CayenneS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Check This Out!! <---

I recently took my 04 Cayenne S to the dealership for service (had the recall work done, tint redone, etc. etc.). When the car was brought back to me, it was damaged!! It looked as if a car ran into the rear driver sides corner as if they were pulling out from behind me! It is terrible, scraped the paint off down to the metal... if you guys want pictures let me know and i'll take some. Well anyways, I went and talked to a person through the serivice manager at the place, and he said they they are not responsible and that the chances are too slim that someone would hit the car at the dealership. Well anyways, I am saving up to already replace a panel from a mishap I had, and now it seems as I will have to double the expense i should expect. If you guys look at the rear corners... you will notice that it is ONE BIG panel that wraps around the entire rear end... too much $$$ to repaint. Well they are claiming that the car CAME to the dealership that way, and I know it didn't... washed the car three hours before I took it to the dealership (finishing a long washing process I had been doing the day prior) and I would of noticed the scratches. Sorry guys, but i am ticking Mad!! What do you all think I should do? This is truly unfair...

All feedback greatly appreciated

Ryan
Old 06-14-2004, 10:26 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

First, take time to cool off! Get your story and delivery straight. Practice does not hurt here. Do NOT lose your cool with them. Be firm, be accurate, be prepared.

Go right to the president of the dealership. Talk to him. Ask him what he proposes to do to resolve the problem. If it is acceptable, then fine, take the free loaner vehicle while they fix your car.

If his proposal is unacceptable, tell him what you expect and why. If satisfaction is still not attained call PCNA, the AG, the BBB, the newpaper, the action TV and radio new stations, then sit back and see what happens. Don't be surprised to have him calling you back trying to fix the problem.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:53 PM
CayenneS
Advanced

Hey thanks for the feedback wingless, I am cool, I was being very nice and calm with them... they didnt even know how mad I was. The last paragraph there was hilarious i couldnt help but laugh.. lol. I hope i can get this resolved, but it seems as if they dont really care at this point. What do you all reccomend i do first? Already talked to the service manager and he says no...

Ryan
Old 06-14-2004, 11:42 PM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Whip his *** and tell him u better fix my car BIATCH....... Sorry I hate those dealers who crash ur car, then wont admit their mistake
Old 06-15-2004, 01:45 AM
magicdracula
Instructor

Wingless's advice is the best thing to do, straight to the dealership's manager!

It's soo sad to know that Porsche dealerships do that kind of crap, no surprise cause I had a similar thing but on a smaller scale. I took my car to the freakin dealership to change my tires, and after 1 week trying to get an appointment + 4 days delay working on my car while it was on their lot. I got it back with a ding on the door, its nothing big, but its there and I'm 1000000000% sure its there because of them.

Plus When I was there I saw something horrific on the service lot which is OUTDOORS, I saw an X5 with a service slip hanging from the mirror. The car was parked waiting for repair and the driver's side window was rolled all the way down. I came 2 days later to check up on my car and saw the same X5 still parked in the same spot and THE FREAKIN WINDOW IS STILL DOWN!! Think of all the dust and dirt that got inside the car, and imagine if it was your's

Jamy knows I'm taking about whom, but I promise to god I'll never go to those a$$hol$$ any more.

Sorry, but I guess your story refreshed my memory about those freaks

Last edited by magicdracula; 06-15-2004 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:59 AM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

LOL..... Magicdracula, Ive gone through a much more terrible experience. My car was being repaired for almost 2 months because my steering wheel got locked up and I ended up crashing. Took the car to dealer they admited my steering wheel was locked when my car was towed, they accepted full responsiblity and to add on to that I took my car 2 days earlier b4 I crashed to have my steering wheel examined since it got locked up while driving he gave it back to me 20min later and said there was nothing wrong with the car. They paid 3/4 of the bill. However the last part they refused to pay and said they were not responsible. Called PCNA and set an appt with them and the guy said he would call in 2 days. A week passed and no one called, so I called them and they said they would call me back, 3 weeks passed and nothing again, I call them and threaten them with a law suit. 2 hrs later somone calls me and apologizes and after 5min of talking to him they agreed to pay the last part.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:49 AM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

I took my CS in last week to get the driver's side break light unit replaced due to visible condensation (broken seal) and after they were done noticed a significant scratch on the panel right under the breaklight area.

I promptly notified the service manager who told me he would have their detailer fix this right away and was visibly upset that the tech. did not tell him what had happened. That's the type of service I expect from a Porsche dealership.

Old 06-15-2004, 11:32 AM
CayenneS
Advanced

Heres another thing that makes me mad-- they OWN the body shop that I have to go to... it wouldnt hurt them much to repair the damage they did.

Ryan
Old 06-15-2004, 12:19 PM
magicdracula
Instructor

Jamy: That’s terrible, but good work that you threatened with a law suit! Hey I never knew you had a crash, was it bad? And just to double check, we are talking about the same dealership, right?

ljugete: That’s good they admitted their mistake, but why scratch it in the first place? Keep in mind that you aren't the only one whose car got scratched/hit somehow by the dealership. They make it seem like a “Porsche gratuity”, that you won't leave their service without getting a nice scratch/ding on your car!

I don't know but I have a feeling that the KIA’s 10 years warranty is much better than what we are getting
Old 06-15-2004, 12:38 PM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Magicdracula: Yup, Herb Chambers lol. Nah its wasent bad just a few big scratches on my bumper but nothing too serious except for my steering being locked.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cayenne S: I am an "older" person. Bought a 1976 530i the week it was first showcased, on the cover of R&T. After a service drop off at 12,000 miles,I picked the car up and drove to a meeting. Came out of the meeting and noticed a big dent in the right front fender. First time since drop off that I had been on the right side of the car. Since I had parallel parked at a curb, I knew it was dealer problem. Took it back ... and after an initial "we couldn't have done that" and "oh yeah, you did," I suggested that they consult the staff. The service manager then said that he guessed it was some kids throwing rocks over the fence - since they had experienced other similar instances. Pissed me off enough that I sold a very pristine car and vowed never to buy another BMW ever, ever.

That incident was on the heels of the crack in the head because "oh, it looks like the exhaust recirculation created temperatures too high for and too close to the head, and we will pick up the labor costs but you (that's I) have to pay for parts." Turns out that this issue was an epidemic, but, we had no web forum 25 years ago to serve as an alert about a problem due to poor engineering. And that was on the heels of the damn sun roof failing after a very short time (now that is a waste of $$$).

End of rant. Persevere in your efforts!!!
Old 06-16-2004, 07:37 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I worked at a high end car dealership for a summer moving cars around the lot. One of my job responsiblties involved inspecting each and every car brought in for service looking for exterior damage. I would mark any damage down just so that we had record of the car as it came it. This way we defend against the guy who said we damage his car.

In you case ASK to see that initial inspection record. They should provide it too you if they have. If they don't have it then really THEY don't have any proof that it came in that way.

something to start with.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:22 PM
beemaze
Instructor

Cayenne S,

Your dealer inexperience is unacceptable. They should have a initial inspection record as M758 stated above. Usually it's a pre-printed drawing of the vehicle that is marked by the tech when you bring your vehicle in for service. In your case, I would have refused to even take the vehicle home in the condition you describe. Once you take it home, they can claim you did the damage.

I had a similar experience in the late 80's on my ex 1987 MBZ 300E. When i came to pick it up from the dealer (in Santa Monica) after routine service, I noticed a big dent in the driver's door as the tech was driving the vehicle in. I immediately asked him what the hell happened (no response) and headed straight to the service advisor who promptly apologized and took care of the problem. I had my car back in a week.

Quick Reply: Check This Out!! <---